Dr. T M Tibbetts

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Dr. T M Tibbetts

Postby Silver surfer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 am

The Tibbetts file ain't closed yet, whatever NL says. Have you seen the bugle this week? Only just got my copy. Front page is Dr Tibbetts and a full page inside telling his history as a doctor of Cradley Heath. And he's my 2nd coz albeit 3xremoved!!! wheeeeeeeeee

For those of you who can't get a copy it will be appearing on their website very soon. Last weeks is still there as yet.

http://www.blackcountrybugle.co.uk
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Re: Dr. T M Tibbetts

Postby Silver surfer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:12 am

Beg pardon, I've just scrolled down and there is an article about him.

http://www.blackcountrybugle.co.uk/blac ... ?ID=370077
Silver surfer

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:19 am

Nice one SS :grin:
We can add this info to the Connections re more kids for Thomas Tibbetts and add the link too!
Wonder if the bugle knows of our Tree! :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Nice one SS :grin:
We can add this info to the Connections re more kids for Thomas Tibbetts and add the link too!
Wonder if the bugle knows of our Tree! :wink:

It's all in hand NL :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Silver surfer wrote:The Tibbetts file ain't closed yet, whatever NL says. Have you seen the bugle this week? Only just got my copy. Front page is Dr Tibbetts and a full page inside telling his history as a doctor of Cradley Heath. And he's my 2nd coz albeit 3xremoved!!! wheeeeeeeeee

For those of you who can't get a copy it will be appearing on their website very soon. Last weeks is still there as yet.

http://www.blackcountrybugle.co.uk

I read this at breakfast this morning & was going to mention it! Nice one SS :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:16 pm

I do wish people would get their info right! :roll:

the bugle say "....Dr Tibbetts was born in 1868 in Cradley Road, Cradley Heath, one of nine children of local butchers Sam and Mary Ann Tibbetts,"

It is Thomas!!! not Sam!
Northern Lass

Postby Silver surfer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Tom, Sam, Willie. No wonder we get mixed up. Haven't really had time to read and digest it yet, had a busy day, as per. A book written by a Foley rellie in NZ. has arrived today and I have only just had time to sit and relax and open it. Great cover and paper quality and it's a hefty A4. Puts my comic size (6.6in x 10.25in for those who don't know) to shame. Mind you mine is mostly about ancestors and not every Tom, Dick or Harry, or should that be Tom, Sam and Willie? :lol: :lol:

Am part way through part 2 now, so if you don't hear from me for a while you know why.
Silver surfer

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:49 pm

When we getting a preview of this SS? come on .....a little taster!

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby Silver surfer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:55 pm

I told mum today about the article and she said Dr Tibbetts was her doctor when she was young. The paper said he was at Trinity St at Old Hill but she seems to think it was Petford St which was close by. She can't remember much about him though.

Small world.
Silver surfer

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:38 pm

My Roses were Petford st I bet he was their doctor...and I bet they never knew they were related to him.... :lol:
Northern Lass

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics