*Archived*-George Brookes b 1832

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

*Archived*-George Brookes b 1832

Postby mumbles » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 am

I think I have found a connection between Sarah Tibbetts born 1839 daughter of John Tibbetts and Ann Willetts and my Brookes/Cooksey and Hipkiss lines. Dilogan and Richtea have made some entries and some details are on Ancestry but not all that I think I have found.
Louise Hipkiss sister of my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Hipkiss married a Charles Brooks in 1883.
Charles was in turn son of George Brooks born 1832 Halesowen.
Most researchers have found his marriage to Sarah Tibbetts b.1839 in June Q. 1870 Dud. 6c Page 76 ( Sarah noted as Sally on later Census records). Sarah had a son David Tibbetts b. 1854 before marriage to George but I believe he married an Hannah Price in 1856 Dud. Sept. Q. vol.6c page 53 . Hannah died in 1866.
Thus some of children shown by some researchers as those of George and Sarah were children of George and Hannah.
I have all the Census records and I think connections are right but perhaps someone has marriage details to confirm.
mumbles

Re: What's in a Name?--*TIBBETTS*--for the Month of November

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Mumbles

This is a marriage I think that I checked but I can always check again. I posted on RRO ages ago and didnt update my tree with the info.
So dont know father of George....as that is what we need dont we?
Then we can join the 2 parts up!

Who is the father of your George?

I seem to remember it being Sally as the name on the marriage certif.

I Will update the tree with the info I have on Sally as that is what her name was on that marriage cert and will redo that marriage look up
I will add a George brookes and when confirmed we can join the tree up and delete my george

http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =562266163

:wink:
Northern Lass

Re: George Brookes b 1832

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:21 pm

Okedoke well we have sorted this George with Sally tibbetts so nice one Mumbles :wink:

So unless otherwise advised this topic will be moved to archived enquires within 24 hrs

:wink:
Northern Lass

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics