*Archived* -Elizabeth Cope

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

*Archived* -Elizabeth Cope

Postby linell » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:48 am

Hi all, I think that Elizabeth Cope 1794 Halesowen (Married Henry Wolloxhall) is the daughter of George Cope born Wolverley Worcs 1756. He Married an Elizabeth Taylor in Kidderminster circa 1781. The family moved to Halesowen Worcs circa 1790 where Elizabeth 1794 was born. I then think that George Re-Married Hannah Mobberley 9.9.1805 Clent. If anyone has the Clent Parish Records could they please check to see if George was a Widower when he Married Hannah? If so this connects George and Hannah's Cope line from Cradley Heath, this is already on BCC. Many thanks from linell.
linell

Re: Elizabeth Cope

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:04 am

Hi yes he was

9 Sept 1805
Clent
George Cope widr of the parish of Rowley REgis and Hannah X Mabberley, spr ots by banns

nice one Linell

:wink:
ps it is trans as mabberley in book :?
Northern Lass

Postby gardener » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 pm

That is just brilliant Lin
Can who ever puts it on BCC (in detail cos it is a bit complicated I think when folk remarry) please let me know that it is on there :-) Then I can send the link to some of the Wolloxall connections and get them to check it out.
I just don't have time to put any more names in myself at the moment :cry:
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby linell » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi NL and Gardener, thanks for looking that up, that is great news, it links my Grandfather's Family, the Hacketts, with my Nan's family the Stringers before my Grandparents were even born :!: Evangeline Stringer Married Herbert Cope, who would have been George Cope's Great Grandson. It also links into the Hasbury Crumptons, right shall I enter it all in? Best Wishes linell.
linell

Postby linell » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:00 pm

Ok I have put the info on BCC. One of the Copes Marries a Garratt, another a Tibbetts and a Willetts, did check in case they were already listed, and they don't seem to be. Another connection to me, Elizabeth Glaze 1806 Halesowen wife of Joseph Cope 1806, son of George is the neice of my Gtx4 Grandmother Lydia Glaze, she Married Samuel White Halesowen they are the parents of Charles White born 1798 Halesowen father of my Gt Gt Grandfather Arthur White Hackett. Thomas Hackett 1797 (Arthur's Step Father) was the Uncle of Charles Hackett who Married Elizabeth Wolloxhall :!: Help, will put all of this on BCC. linell.

P.S. John, Henry and Selina Wolloxhall were all founder members of Hasbury Methodist Chapel.
linell

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:57 pm

Linell that is amazing the work that you have done there!
Clever devil!
Well done and thanks for putting it all on... :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby linell » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm

No probs NL. I found all the family living next to each other in 1841, Hagley Road Hasbury Near the Windmill, (have a picture of that will send you a copy) there's Elizabeth Wolloxhall Widow and family, George Cope and 2nd Wife Hannah and Joseph Cope and his family. I am putting my Glaze family on BCC now. Best Wishes linell.
linell

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:38 pm

Just joined Edward to his parents here...

http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =182904410

this topic now looks to be completed so unless otherwise advised will be moved to archived section within 24 hrs

Good work Linell
Northern Lass

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics