*Arc tbc* ---Coley hello from Ajax Ontario Canada

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Coley hello from Ajax Ontario Canada

Postby davidcoley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:24 pm

The Joseph Coley from 1941 I don't know if his middle name was Henry. I do know that the 1876 Joseph Coley was Joseph Henry Coley.

Is it possible that William Coley was the one who was the son of John Coley in Gnollis?

Also there are two Walkers in the picture: William Coley's wife Mary Walker and Joseph Henry Coley's wife Sarah Ann Elizabeth Walker. I'm going to be chasing after those two names... trying to figure out how "close" they were...

I don't get the Bloomer reference... based on the ages of the Bloomer Joseph... wet nurse?
davidcoley

Postby peterd » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:36 pm

linell wrote:Found it in my notes, it is mistranscribed should be Macrina Coley daughter of Christopher and Elizabeth born 1840:-

New Road
Coley Samuel 65 Nailor Yes
Coley Phebe 65 Yes
Coley Christopher 25 Shoe maker Yes
Coley Elizabeth 20 Yes

New Road
Bloomer Samuel 45 Bayonet Forger Yes
Bloomer Ann 40 Yes
Bloomer John 15 Yes
Bloomer William 10 Yes
Bloomer Thos 10 Yes
Bloomer Mary 10 Yes
Bloomer Edward 2 Yes
Bloomer Joseph 1 Yes
Coley Maria 9 m

yeh but elizabeth is an attwood not a bloomer ?

COLEY Christopher ATTWOOD Elizabeth 1839 Halesowen, St John the Baptist West Midlands Dudley Register Office 014/001/167
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby peterd » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:39 pm

davidcoley wrote:The Joseph Coley from 1941 I don't know if his middle name was Henry. I do know that the 1876 Joseph Coley was Joseph Henry Coley.

Is it possible that William Coley was the one who was the son of John Coley in Gnollis?

Also there are two Walkers in the picture: William Coley's wife Mary Walker and Joseph Henry Coley's wife Sarah Ann Elizabeth Walker. I'm going to be chasing after those two names... trying to figure out how "close" they were...

I don't get the Bloomer reference... based on the ages of the Bloomer Joseph... wet nurse?

just throwing thing around david as there 2 coley families living in cradley 1841 plus maria age 9 months wondering if there a connection as families ususally stick close together sometime thing drop into place maybe one of the witness to william and mary walker will give use a answer
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby linell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:02 am

Hi Pete and David, there is no Bloomer connection, have looked into this before Marcrina Coley who is in the Bloomer household in 1841 was the daughter of Christopher Coley and Elizabeth Attwood. No connection has been found to the Bloomer family, maybe they were just good friends and neighbours who liked looking after other people's children :?: I am sure there is no Bloomer connection. Linell.
linell

Postby davidcoley » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

I have another Coley that I am tracking which appears to be along the William line somewhere:

1881 Census
Staffordshire - Walsall Foriegn -> Walsall #22
4 Croft Street
Joseph Coley - Head - 32 - 1849 - Iron Caster born Warwickshire Birmingham
Boela Coley - Wife - 32 - 1849
Edward Coley - son - 11 - Scholar
Joseph Coley - son - 6 - Scholar
Samuel Coley - son - 5 - Scholar
George Coley - son - 2
Caroline Coley - daughter - 6 months

I'll start pulling strings at this one later tonight when I have time to see if it does meet back up around William... or if this is a direct offshoot of the John Coley.

Fun :)
davidcoley

Postby puds69 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi there!!
Just trawling along seeing what's new and I caught the COLEY link. Somewhere there is a mention of Stephen COLEY 1879 - if he is the same COLEY that married Mary Ann NEWTON (nee Parsons) then you and I may be related!!!!!
This is a branch of the family I'm still working on so haven't got all the details yet.
What I know is that Mary Ann PARSONS married Arthur NEWTON but was widowed. She married again to Stephen COLEY and went on to have 2 daughters. They lived in Cradley Heath all their lives.
My grandmother Ethel was Mary Ann's youngest sister.
puds69

Postby linell » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:01 am

Here's the link to Stephen Coley born 1879:-

http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =535721589
linell

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 pm

Ok David here is your look up done by Rockyfowler
so thanks RF :wink:

3 Feb 1828 St Thomas Dudley
William Coley bach otp