*Arc tbc* ---Ann Elizabeth Unknown possibly Willetts

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Ann Elizabeth Unknown possibly Willetts

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:10 am

Brilliant info for all those with these names
Well done Mumbles!

Do add what you can re the will info and refs to the notes quoting the source
what a find!

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby dumblonde » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:34 pm

If you contact Wolverley and Cookley History Society there is a lady who has researched Clee Hall and written articles on it and of the people who lived there. Amongst them are the Wolverley Brettell family, Henzy family, glassmakers of Amblecote, Knight family, iron masters, Piper family, iron masters, Westly family, as you can see all are well to do people.
Cheers Dumblonde
dumblonde

Postby mumbles » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:02 am

Have inserted a lot more info and made connection between KIng , Royal and Jones with help of Suki.
Found this in National Archives noted as held at Sandwell Community and National Archives Service:-

Notice to Mrs Sarah Royle of Clee Hall, Worcs. (mortgagee) of conveyance, 1 Jan.1875, to Brooke Robinson of property at Withymoor, Windmill End and Bourne Hills with minerals, mines, mining equipment &c. Signed by Robert Watts, solr & agent of Wolverhampton St., Dudley. M 57/14 1876
There is a lot more but it appears Sarah Royle ( nee Jones) owned Collieries and land
mumbles

Postby suki » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:22 am

Two other marriages which seem to be relevant
1/1/1846
John George Higgs coal merchant of Powke Lane s of John a plate worker and Elizabeth Jones of Powke Lane d Joseph an iron monger wit Thomas Jones Elizabeth Beet Blanche Jones

19th Nov 1818 John Beet of Rowley Hall and Sarah Higgs wt Will sprigg Mary Scott Charles Higgs
Sara died 4th dec 1821 age 28yrs John Beet 12 march 1844 age 70 yrs
Elizabeth bap 26 June 1821
Last edited by suki on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
suki

Postby mumbles » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:47 am

Yes they are relevant as Mary King( nee Jones) and Sarah Royle(nee Jones) are living with sister Elizabeth Higgs in 1871
Also found possible marriage of Blanche Jones to Henry P. Skidmore 1857 St.Giles ( looks as if cousins married)
mumbles

Postby suki » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 am

Blanche seems to be a family

marriage Wombourne 2/6/1808 Blanche Jones and James Brindley from igi not sure who Blanches parents are or whether all the Jones of Wombourne are related

Phoebe Pargeter may be Anne Elizabeths niece and William Pargeter her brother as they are both from Olive house which could be Thomas Jones wifes property or Phoebe and Ann Eliz may be sisters
I'm sure we can get a lot more out of this run......
Thomas may have taken his father name and mothers maiden name
I am sure the answer is in the names
another son is Joseph William - grandfather names may be
They must all be related somewhere in the distant past to an Anthony willetts who was probably a man of property definately not my relative

another marriage may be relevant
2nd May 1846William Abiah Newman wid rowley s James esq and Elizabeth Beet of Rowley Hall d of John
wit William Spriggs Maria Austen James T Collins and James Collins
suki

Postby mumbles » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:12 pm

From marriage of John Beet to Sarah Higgs supplied by Suki I googled John Beet Rowley Regis and found a National Archives entry for John Beet with numerous records about Rowley Hall and properties owned by Beet family and the Rev.William Abadiah Newman who married Elizabeth Beet . Higgs are connected to Jones and other families in this topic.
It appears these families owned most of area around Rowley in 18th
& 19th Century
e.g. from National Archive site :-
Settlement of Rowley Hall, 1705. Attested copies of deeds relating to a moiety or ½ part of Rowley Hall estate, incl. Rowley Hall, mess. called High Haden, Hocum Farm, Knowls Farm, 1755, all in Rowley Regis, printed copy of Rowley Regis Enclosure Act, 1799, and certificate of purchase of part of enclosed land by John Beet, 1807, incl. land at Whiteheath Gate.
Schedule of deeds relating to estates of the late John Beet, 1713-1841.
mumbles

Postby suki » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:05 pm

have found a marriage igi's King Swinford 29/3/1831 Anne Eliz Pageter and Thomas Jones
also 11/4/22 Caroline Pargeter and Joseph Brindley
what do you think
suki

Postby mumbles » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:14 pm

That is great Suki ,
If you can put that in I have a lot more info on family to insert .
Note Victoria Jones ( or Elizabeth Victoria Jones as noted on some records) is on Blackheath & Rowley Regis 1902 map as Miss Jones of Olive House
George Adam Jones married a Susan Townley in 1867 St. Giles but died before 1881 Census where she lived at 1 Hailstone RR
in 1871 Census George A. Jones is noted as Living on Interest of Money !!! aged 26
mumbles

Postby mumbles » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Suki, I have amended your Pargiter to Pargeter in line with protocol on site and also in line with details in National Achives that I have inserted under Thomas Pargeter Jones.
I do not think you have the relationships of Pargeters right as in Wills in National Archives it notes that Thomas Pargeter Jones is Nephew of Phoebe Pargeter who married Thomas Smith. This would mean that Phoebe would be a sister of Ann Elizabeth Pargeter which is not as you have shown.
in Wills also it notes that William Pargeter had co-heiresses incuding Phoebe Pargeter who married Thomas Smith.
I do not think we have this quite right and we need Census details for Phoebe and Thomas for a start and to sort out relationships
mumbles

Postby suki » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:10 pm

I agree its a not quite right but we are getting nearer. I am quite busy at the moment wih visitors so can only give the site a little time
suki

Postby mumbles » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 am

NL & Suki,
This looks as far as it can be taken now.
I have sorted out tree with reference to Census details found for Phoebe Pargeter who was born much earlier than Suki estimated and thus William Pargeter born c. 1770 must have have been her father and sisters Ann Elizabeth and Caroline.( Co-heiresses noted in National Archives)
I have inserted all Census and other details for Brindley ,Smith and Jones connections.
Googled Ann Elizabeth Pargeter and found National Archives reference validating marriage to Thomas Jones
Nl Dudley Archives may be interested in these connections as they hold a lot of papers and as noted these families owned lots of property and mines and land in Black Country
mumbles

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 am

Thank you for all this hard work Mumbles it is brilliant!

We at least have this on Black Country Connections to help others in their research
which is what we all hope to do.
And to leave a record of those that were once with us,
to enable them to be remembered, given a place for those still to come to read about them
gone but not forgotten
Northern Lass

Previous

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics