*Arc tbc* --Sidaway/Hingley/Worrall/Mallen/Chance connection

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Sidaway/Hingley/Worrall/Mallen/Chance connection

Postby dianel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:11 am

sp1 wrote:Elizabeth Worrall b 1805
James Worrall b 1808
Thomas Worrall b 1808 (?Twins)
Anne b 1810
John b 1813
Charles b 1817
Daniel b 1820
Mary b 1824 (all bapt at Brierley Hill)
Were all children of John Worrall and Mary PEARSON -she was born 1781, bapt 1786 at Brierley Hill, d o Joseph Pearson & Elizabeth BATHAM (I added Joseph & Elizabeth to bcc recently). John Worrall & Mary Pearson married 11 Nov 1804 at St Thomas, Dudley. Mary is mentioned in hers fahers will.

So sp1, is this Anne Worrall the one who married Barzillai Hingley, do you know? I don't think we have her parents on BCC.
Some mistakes are too much fun
to only make once.
dianel

Postby sp1 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 am

dianel wrote:
sp1 wrote:Elizabeth Worrall b 1805
James Worrall b 1808
Thomas Worrall b 1808 (?Twins)
Anne b 1810
John b 1813
Charles b 1817
Daniel b 1820
Mary b 1824 (all bapt at Brierley Hill)
Were all children of John Worrall and Mary PEARSON -she was born 1781, bapt 1786 at Brierley Hill, d o Joseph Pearson & Elizabeth BATHAM (I added Joseph & Elizabeth to bcc recently). John Worrall & Mary Pearson married 11 Nov 1804 at St Thomas, Dudley. Mary is mentioned in hers fahers will.

So sp1, is this Anne Worrall the one who married Barzillai Hingley, do you know? I don't think we have her parents on BCC.

Hi Dianel
I don't have any of the spouses for these Worrall children, but it is quite possible - a quick check on the IGI indicates that Ann was the only Ann Worrall born at Brierley Hill in this time period.
Does anyone have the witnesses for the Barzillai Hingley marriage?
Steve
sp1

Postby sp1 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 am

Have now added John Worrall & Mary Pearson's children to bcc.
sp1

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 am

Ok here is the marriage info from Clent

15 May 1831 Clent
Bazillai ( signed andin BT's Barzillai) HINGLEY of the parish of Rowley Regis, bach, &
Ann X WORRALL of the parish of Rowley Regis sp
by banns
Wit- Robert X BROOKS , Jephthah CRADDOCK

I will add this to BCC in notes
Northern Lass

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:26 am

Looks like that Craddock is on a few as a wit
so prob somat to do with the church
Northern Lass

Postby linell » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Many thanks for the look up NL. Yes Jeptha Craddock was a Church Official. I have no idea who Robert Brooks was? Cheers from Linell.
linell

Postby sp1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:29 am

Is anyone able to check the Brierley Hill and Kingswinford baptisms for Ann Worrall around 1810 - the IGI only has the one at Brierley Hill in 1810, d of John & Mary Worrall: if she does turn out to be the only Ann baptised at this time then she probably is the one who married Barzillai Hingley.
Just a thought, but has anyone come across a will for John Worall (or even his wife Mary)? (Sorry, don't know when he died)
Steve
sp1

Postby linell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:02 pm

sp1 wrote:Is anyone able to check the Brierley Hill and Kingswinford baptisms for Ann Worrall around 1810 - the IGI only has the one at Brierley Hill in 1810, d of John & Mary Worrall: if she does turn out to be the only Ann baptised at this time then she probably is the one who married Barzillai Hingley.
Just a thought, but has anyone come across a will for John Worall (or even his wife Mary)? (Sorry, don't know when he died)
Steve

I don't think that would get us any further forward sp1, even if we did find a baptism, it doesn't mean to say she is the Ann Worrall who Married Barzillai Hingley. Would be better to check the Burials at Park Lane Presbyterian Chapel, where we know Barzillai and Ann worshipped, maybe her parents were buried there? Linell.
linell

Postby linell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:23 pm

linell wrote:Many thanks for the look up NL. Yes Jeptha Craddock was a Church Official. I have no idea who Robert Brooks was? Cheers from Linell.

Just realised NL that Robert Brooks was Barzillia's brother in law. Robert Married Barzillia's sister Hannah Hingley in 1824 :!:

Linell.
linell

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 pm

linell wrote:
linell wrote:Many thanks for the look up NL. Yes Jeptha Craddock was a Church Official. I have no idea who Robert Brooks was? Cheers from Linell.

Just realised NL that Robert Brooks was Barzillia's brother in law. Robert Married Barzillia's sister Hannah Hingley in 1824 :!:

Linell.

Well done you!
get it added connected

:grin: :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 pm

linell wrote:

Linell.

Well done you!
get it added connected

:grin: :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby linell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:24 pm

linell

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks Lin

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby sp1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 pm

linell wrote:
sp1 wrote:Is anyone able to check the Brierley Hill and Kingswinford baptisms for Ann Worrall around 1810 - the IGI only has the one at Brierley Hill in 1810, d of John & Mary Worrall: if she does turn out to be the only Ann baptised at this time then she probably is the one who married Barzillai Hingley.
Steve

I don't think that would get us any further forward sp1, even if we did find a baptism (there is the 1810 one, don't think there are others - Steve), it doesn't mean to say she is the Ann Worrall who Married Barzillai Hingley. Would be better to check the Burials at Park Lane Presbyterian Chapel, where we know Barzillai and Ann worshipped, maybe her parents were buried there? Linell.

Hi Linell
you are correct in this of course- burials would be good, a will would be better: Mary nee Pearson would have inherited a large sum which would have then belonged to her husband (John Worrall) unless she outlived him (can't remember the terms of her fathers will), but some of her siblings left HUGE amounts of money, so there might be a Worrall (John or Mary, or both) will.
The thought occurs to me: what is the source for Ann Worrall's birthdate/ place of about 1811/ Brierley Hill - has anyone found her in the census?Steve
sp1

Postby linell » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:27 am

Hi Steve, yes Ann is on the 1841/51/61 Census in Cradley Heath and in 1881 she is a Widow aged 70 born Brierley Hill living in King Street Cradley Heath. I am missing 1871, but can look that up. She and Barzillia must have left Wills. Would be at Worcester I imagine?

There's little doubt she was born in Brierley Hill about 1811. I was just presuming that if she was a Member of Park Lane Chapel, maybe that is where she met Barzillia? Therefore her Parents and family would also have worshipped there. Will check the Park Lane Register next time I get to Dudley. There are so many Hingley researchers, I would have thought someone would have found her family line? Linell.
linell

PreviousNext

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics