Albert David Manger Taylor and Joseph Nathan Manger Taon BCC

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Albert David Manger Taylor and Joseph Nathan Manger Taon BCC

Postby Frodo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:01 pm

My cousin and myself have both been on BCC and noticed that Albert is showing as being born in Worcestershire whereas Joseph is down as being born at Malt Mill Lane. They were both born at Malt Mill Lane, the family home, as was there sister Lucretia (I have her birth and death certificates, she died after suffering from enteritis for 8 days).
In Joseph 's information on his marriage certificate he is a Bach Engine Fitter - I looked into this and he is just an engine fitter, Bach is an abbreviation for Bachelor. There is also a ? next to Beaumont, this is Beaumont Road and another ? next to Albert D.M. - I am not sure why that is there.

Could the above be changed please?
Frodo

Re: Albert David Manger Taylor and Joseph Nathan Manger Taon

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:05 am

moved to Black Country discussion section.

The marriage is the abbrev. of Bachelor just missing the hyphen between marital status and occup.
Northern Lass

Postby grangers14 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:55 am

I have done that Frodo.
The ? is there if it has been difficult to decipher so I have left that there.
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:34 pm

Could the? not be removed, given there is no chance of the details being incorrect. I have the Marriage certificate. The M stands for Manger, Joseph's mother's maiden name and Beaumont Road was where a lot of the family lived post World War 1 - the houses were built by Joseph and Albert's father Nathan.
Frodo

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:11 am

Just checked and can now be entered as
9 14 Oct 1917 Methodist Church High Street Blackheath
Joseph Nathan TAYLOR 21 B Engine Fitter 59 Beaumont Road Cakemore Halesowen Father Nathan Taylor (Dec) Carpenter
Ellen Gertrude BILLINGHAM 24 S Ross Blackheath Rowley Regis Father Jacob Billingham Engine Driver
Married according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Primitive Methodists By Certificate
Wit; Benjamin Billingham / Albert D. M. Taylor
All signed

Hope that helps :thumbup:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby grangers14 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:35 am

Thank you RF! :grin:
I have removed the ?
grangers14

Postby mumbles » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:07 am

Interested in this as I was born at 72 Beaumont Road ( later became 18)
1921 Census has 58 Beaumont Road
Joseph Nathan Taylor 25
Ellen Gertrude Taylor 27
See FMP for more details

and next door at 59
Martha Taylor 58 (wid)
Albert D. M. Taylor 24

1939 Register 5 Sharow Grove Blackpool Lancs.
Joseph N. ( M) Taylor born 11/4/1896 Painter & Decoratory & Property Repair
Nellie ( Gertude ) Taylor born 26/7/1893
Arthur Taylor born 25/3/1922 Student
Hannah Manger born 16/11/1866 Incapacitated (s)
Martha Taylor born 17/10/1862 (m)
mumbles

Postby grangers14 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:53 pm

I have brought this back.
Mumbles is interested in the topic and if he can not add the extra info I will over the weekend.
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:17 pm

I don't know what aspect of this Mumbles is interested in but this is more information I have.There are photos of the houses on Beaumont Road in your Gallery. Joseph lived at 58 from when the houses were ready for occupation (at some point during World War 1) then moved to 52 in 1926-7 before moving to Blackpool in 1928. Albert lived at 59 and 60 before he emigrated to America. Martha lived at 59 and 60, she went to live with Joseph towards the end of her life hence the 1939 Register entry, she died there in 1943. Across the road Rachel lived at 29, Hannah at 28. These were the numbers at the time, I know that although Nathan's row of houses is still there (I have seen them on Google Earth) they have been renumbered.I am pretty sure that Hannah was just visiting at the time of the Census. Although it was an ordinary house my grandparents did run a sort of bed and breakfast for various friends and family from the Black Country.There was three bedrooms (one a box room full of books all the time I was visiting) but my dad would mainly have been away while Martha was there as he was in the Merchant Navy during the War. By this time Albert was living in Essex and America.
I don't know when other houses in Beaumont Road were built but I have Nathan's Mortgage documents - he applied for and received a mortgage to build six dwellings near Holt Street in 1900, I am not sure whether they were completed when he died in 1911 but they definitely weren't occupied until after 1915.
Frodo

Postby Frodo » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:29 pm

The entry on BCC now looks fine but I have just seen that inthe entry from bmsgh Ellen is down as Ellen Billinghams not Ellen Billingham please could this be changed too.
Frodo

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am

Frodo wrote:The entry on BCC now looks fine but I have just seen that inthe entry from bmsgh Ellen is down as Ellen Billinghams not Ellen Billingham please could this be changed too.

If you mean the entry from west mids bmd then it is how they have transcribed it their error.
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Year Church / Register Office Registers At Reference Add to Summary
BILLINGHAMS Ellen G TAYLOR Joseph N 1917 Rowley Regis, Methodist Church - High Street, Blackheath Sandwell Register Office 81/2/9

Maybe contact them.
Northern Lass

Postby mumbles » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:55 am

I have added extra information.
My interest is that my Brookes family lived at 72 Beaumont Road ( 18 today) from 1940 to c.1955 and i was born there as were my two brothers
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... onnections

I have traced lots of families who lived in Beaumont Road at same period and was interested in who built houses and when.
I remember Taylor families, Wootton ( shop) , Windsor family ( Beatrice Lucy Windsor of sweet shop). Yates family, Stone Family , Hurdley Family , Guy Family and Pearson Family and Howe Family and Bowater Family and have added most on BCC.
Recently found that our baby sitter Janet Barbara Pearson died 2019 living at 30 Beaumont Road ( 66 Beaumont Road in 1939 )
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... onnections
I remember her clearly pushing my brother Reginald Joseph Brookes in pram whilst my older brother and I held our hands on pram
mumbles

Postby Frodo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 pm

If you look at the 1939 Register there were quite a few Manger/Taylor relatives on Beaumont Road. At 29 were Enoch and Rachel Whitehouse (nee Manger), Reginald and Laura Mabel Moore (nee Whitehouse), Frances Dolphin(Hale) nee Whitehouse and her daughter Frances. At Glendyne there was Caroline Adams (nee Manger), William and Dorothy Gould (nee Adams) and their daughter Dorothy and Alfred and Annie Rustin (nee Adams).
From the Census Rachel and Enoch moved to Beaumont Road sometime between 1901 and 1911 so before Nathan's six houses were occupied.

Reg and Mabel (Laura) used to visit my grandparents in Blackpool and by some weird coincidence when my parents moved to Sheffield from Blackpool I was starting 6th Form and one of the lads at my new school when we were talking somehow made a connection between my name and his parents - it turned out that Alfred and Annie Ruston were his grandparents. We have kept in touch even though I am no longer in Sheffield.
Frodo

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:28 am

If this is now completed I will move to archive
Northern Lass

Postby mumbles » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:01 am

OK by me NL but it is Fredo post
mumbles

Next

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics