ARC...Frederick Hinett m Jessie Rose

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

ARC...Frederick Hinett m Jessie Rose

Postby NethertonWench » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:15 pm

Hi
Frederick Hinett died 1941 aged 31 so have been trying to find out if Jessie Rose his wife re-married??

Notes say Frederick died in Dudley so I’m presuming he wasn’t a soldier killed in action?
Buried St. Andrews, Netherton. Can’t find a plot number listed on Find a Grave, can we find where?

https://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/t ... ver=624382

I’ve found that Frederick is my Grandad’s 1st cousin and he married Jessie who is my husband’s Grandmother’s 1st cousin!! :P

Thank you to anyone who can help
NethertonWench

Re: Frederick Hinett m Jessie Rose

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:02 am

Moving to black country section.

This is my connection to you Netherton Wench.
Yes she married an Albert or Alfred Vincent.
She is/was my Grandma.

Frederick Hinett is buried St Andrews Netherton I did find the plot, no headstone but there
was a monumental Inscription transcribed, so there was something there at one time.
He died of Cancer.
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:57 am

If you are able to go into Dudley Archives they have information/map on where the gravestones lie and as NL says there are monumental inscriptions.

So, for instance - I know that my Great Grandad Enoch Belcher was buried at St Andrew's Church, Netherton (Belchers were local folk) but I didn't know where. In the monumental inscriptions for Enoch all that was written was a flower vase with E. BELCHER, the graveyard row and number. If I hadn't been able to see the map of the graveyard we would never ever have found the burial place as it was right under a load of weeds, but we did take photos. We also cut away the weeds, but as that was way back in July 2005 no doubt the weeds are all back again!
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby NethertonWench » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:55 pm

Thank you x
NethertonWench

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:21 am

And that was the lady who helped me find it good ode Barb! :wink:

Mine is in the loft goodness knows where, but Dudley archives is the place! :grin:

I will archive this now as it seems done.
Northern Lass

Re: ARC...Frederick Hinett m Jessie Rose

Postby BC Wench » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:53 am

Ah!! Bless you Jan :grin: It was great having people like you at the Archives, somebody who would ask questions, listen and take it all in - not always remembering but great company :lol:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: ARC...Frederick Hinett m Jessie Rose

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:38 am

BC Wench wrote:Ah!! Bless you Jan :grin: It was great having people like you at the Archives, somebody who would ask questions, listen and take it all in - not always remembering but great company :lol:

:lol:

I remember!

Who are you again?

:wink:

Right moving to archived....Cousin Netherton Wench we will sort a day out at the archives. :wink:
Northern Lass

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics