PRICE Desmond..NethertonWench..Netherton.

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: PRICE Desmond..NethertonWench..Netherton

Postby mumbles » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:52 pm

Moor Barracks was not a Military Barracks but accommodation for Hop Pickers mainly recruited from Black Country . This explains why Rose and Bertie were visitors there and Alexander was at Home .
You can look it up on Google
mumbles

Postby grangers14 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:12 am

This is Desmond's marriage...I have only added his information here as Rose is still living

16 31 Oct 1959 St John The Evangelist Dudley Wood
Desmond PRICE 22 B Stripper 81 Copse Rd Netherton Father Alexander Price (Dec) Stoker

Also
29 7 Dec 1925 St Andrew Netherton
Alexander PRICE 22 B Mill Heater 55 St John St Netherton Father John Andrew Price Cupola Worker
Rosannah ROSE 21 S Brick Worker 55 St John St Netherton Father George Henry Rose Chain Maker
After Banns
Wit; Thomas Bagley / Annie Eliza Harkins

Big thanks to RF! :grin:
grangers14

Postby mumbles » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:59 am

Reference Moor Barracks there is an entry between Rose and Bertie marked This Entry is Officially closed which means that person is still living but if Lily Brenda Price born 1926 or Desmond Price born 1937 you could apply to have entry opened if you provide details of their death.

My granny Ellen Parsons used to go Hop Picking in period 1930 to 1939 and 1945 to 1952 and used to take children and grandchildren with her . She regarded it as her annual holidays and as she owned a shop used opportunity to send fruit and vegetables back to shop. I remember when i was about 10 going to Callow End Worcestershire to visit her and the hop pickers used to live in barns or barracks sleeping on hassocks full of hay and used to go up to Bell Inn at end of lane to drink and sing and dance at weekend. We used to visit once a month in my fathers works van to bring back foodstuff and the occasional black market chicken
mumbles

Postby mumbles » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:43 am

Have added 5 more children of George Henry Rose and Clara Cartwright based on 1921 Census and 1939 Register. Family members lived at 7 St. Giles Street Netherton Dudley Worcs. on both records
mumbles

Postby NethertonWench » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:11 pm

Yes, they did go hop-picking!

Could Desmond Price be added to Rosannah Rose as son on the BCC tree?
Being as we have his death certificate ref no. DUD/13B/370

Also Alexander Price and the links we’ve found with the Price family?

Thank you
NethertonWench

Postby grangers14 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:40 pm

I will start adding.
grangers14

Re: PRICE Desmond..NethertonWench..Netherton. Jo Adding

Postby NethertonWench » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:47 pm

Thank you so much

So William Rose whose photo is shown on the homepage is my husbands great great grandfather!

I’m going to try and research all our Nan and grandad families and try and get them added to BCC

Attwell Plant Hall to go…. :grin:
NethertonWench

Postby NethertonWench » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:02 pm

NethertonWench wrote:Thank you so much

So William Rose whose photo is shown on the homepage is my husbands great great grandfather!

I’m going to try and research all our Nan and grandad families and try and get them added to BCC

No great grandfather as Rosannah Rose was his grandmother.
So he’s connected to Jan?
NethertonWench

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:48 am

NethertonWench wrote:

Yes you connect to myself and to Gardener (aka Kate) on this site as well.
Perhaps Jo who now owns BCC will add your user name as a connected person to Wm Rose if you ask her.

Not a very nice man by all accounts was Wm Rose.

We could not find what happened to Jane Severns William Roses 1st wife/partner no death info found.
If you know anything about what happened to her please do let us know.

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby kdwoodie » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:18 am

Have added children of John Andrew Price and Harriet Bagley here https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =552865069

Harriets Parents and siblings here https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =795298802
kdwoodie

Postby NethertonWench » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:12 am

Northern Lass wrote:
NethertonWench wrote:

Yes you connect to myself and to Gardener (aka Kate) on this site as well.
Perhaps Jo who now owns BCC will add your user name as a connected person to Wm Rose if you ask her.

Not a very nice man by all accounts was Wm Rose.

We could not find what happened to Jane Severns William Roses 1st wife/partner no death info found.
If you know anything about what happened to her please do let us know.

:wink:

Isn’t it amazing how we connect. It really is a tree!

No, Wm Rose is a shady character isn’t he? Will dig some more

My husbands grandfather is a Willetts so they have a page all of their own I’ve noticed, that’ll be interesting connections
NethertonWench

Postby NethertonWench » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:27 am

mumbles wrote:Reference Moor Barracks there is an entry between Rose and Bertie marked This Entry is Officially closed which means that person is still living but if Lily Brenda Price born 1926 or Desmond Price born 1937 you could apply to have entry opened if you provide details of their death.

My granny Ellen Parsons used to go Hop Picking in period 1930 to 1939 and 1945 to 1952 and used to take children and grandchildren with her . She regarded it as her annual holidays and as she owned a shop used opportunity to send fruit and vegetables back to shop. I remember when i was about 10 going to Callow End Worcestershire to visit her and the hop pickers used to live in barns or barracks sleeping on hassocks full of hay and used to go up to Bell Inn at end of lane to drink and sing and dance at weekend. We used to visit once a month in my fathers works van to bring back foodstuff and the occasional black market chicken

How do I apply to have this opened? What info do you think it will tell us?
We haven’t established Desmond’s DOB have we?
I’ve worked out it’s likely between August and December 1936
NethertonWench

Postby NethertonWench » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:01 pm

mumbles wrote:Reference Moor Barracks there is an entry between Rose and Bertie marked This Entry is Officially closed which means that person is still living but if Lily Brenda Price born 1926 or Desmond Price born 1937 you could apply to have entry opened if you provide details of their death.

Hi what website do I find the references to Moor Barracks please? Thank you
NethertonWench

Postby grangers14 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:02 pm

Thank you mumbles and kdw adding some info. :grin:
I think I have added all I can and also included as connection to NethertonWench.
There is a family I am stuck on but I will do another post for that.
If all is ok shall we archive?
grangers14

Postby NethertonWench » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:58 pm

If it is archived is the info still accessible to view?

Do you want to add the spouse of Sidney, Brenda (Lily) and Bertie?
NethertonWench

PreviousNext

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics