"Complete"Henry Charles born 1865 Pimlico

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

"Complete"Henry Charles born 1865 Pimlico

Postby mumbles » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:32 pm

This Henry Charles was my grandfather
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =267256530

and as noted on BCC he did not seem to exist before he married my grandmother and he died in Whiteheath Staffs. in 1939 just before 1939 Register so I could not tie down date of birth.
A cousin has just solved mystery after 40 years of all relatives trying. He was Henry Husband not Charles and his mother remarried and he took stepfathers surname but ran away to sea at 14 before he resurfaced as Henry Charles . I put on genealogy forum to see whether Jimmy could solve but for first time he failed.
It was solved by a cousin from Warley who remembered visiting granny Charles at Throne Road Whiteheath when Henry Charles had died and asking about him. She asked granny about her husband and she thought granny had said Henry Charles Husband but she had actually said Henry Husband not Charles. Following from this we have a whole new set of records to research and it all adds up.
So it just goes to show that Jimmy and his thinking outside the box should always be followed to solve brick walls
Last edited by mumbles on Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mumbles

Re: Henry Charles born 1865 Pimlico

Postby mallosa » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:24 am

Wow!! Nice one Mumbles :thumbup:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Henry Charles born 1865 Pimlico

Postby mumbles » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:11 pm

I will add with note
mumbles

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics