PLEASE ARCHIVE - William Thomas Davies

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: William Thomas Davies

Postby mallosa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:41 am

Thanks again Kaye! I am in contact with someone from Pontypridd General Register Office, she is trying to help .....

I Can only find one birth for William Thomas Davies and it is the same one that you received from the General Register office.

In your email you don’t say where he was born. There are parts of Pontypridd at that time which are held by the Caerphilly office but have a Pontypridd district reference. Do you know where he was born? As this may help to narrow the search.

All I know is he lived in Birmingham at the time of his marriage in 1924 but could have been from Timbuktu for all I know :roll:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:46 am

Northern Lass wrote:True Grit Mally! :P

Cheers Jan :thumbup:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby grangers14 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:07 pm

Yes good for you to keep on it Mally.
It is so odd that there IS a GRO record, I looked on Pontypridd local BMD a a while back and nothing...
There must be a record somewhere?

I wonder if they can search just volume number and page number, no name and see what comes up, if that's possible?
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:22 pm

mallosa wrote:Thanks again Kaye! I am in contact with someone from Pontypridd General Register Office, she is trying to help .....

I Can only find one birth for William Thomas Davies and it is the same one that you received from the General Register office.

In your email you don’t say where he was born. There are parts of Pontypridd at that time which are held by the Caerphilly office but have a Pontypridd district reference. Do you know where he was born? As this may help to narrow the search.

All I know is he lived in Birmingham at the time of his marriage in 1924 but could have been from Timbuktu for all I know :roll:

"I'm afraid I have no idea, all I know is he was living in Birmingham by 1924 when he got married and his father is stated as John Ivor Davies. I have been searching for his birth for a long time now. I can't find him on the 1911 Census with his father.
Would it be worth contacting the Caerphilly office with that ref no?
Thank you for your time"

from Pontypridd General Register Office....

Hi
The reference number is for GRO indexes only. Local register offices have their own set of reference numbers and so they wouldn’t be able to find it from that. My guess is that, as that is the only William Thomas Davies within that quarter for Pontypridd, the one we have found is the one for that index number.

scratching my head here :eh:

mallosa

Postby peterd » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:03 am

have you looked at William Davies or Thomas Davies on their own without a middle name ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby grangers14 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Have you got any further with this Mally?
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:44 pm

No No, we've tried everything but getting nowhere!

mallosa

Postby grangers14 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Goodness me! :shock:

I wonder if a print of the GRO record would help? Like from the scan you can see on freebmd? So you can prove it is there? It was at one point.
Local offices will have different numbering system so that will not help them.

Very odd! :?
I wonder how many results they come up with in GRO for that volume and page number...I'm wondering if it is lost! :roll:
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:27 pm

I think we'd better archive this for now Jo :?

mallosa

Previous

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics