Amos Barker bn 1868---Jo adding

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Amos Barker bn 1868---Jo adding

Postby Jayneh » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi Jo, Thanks for adding Amos BARKER to the BCC website, son of William BARKER and Sarah Ann BAKER.
I believe this is the same Amos BARKER that you have on BCC as born 1869 who married Livinia Stout.
I'll email the birth certificate and the Marriage certificate I have for him, if you compare the details with those for the marriage certificate for James BARKER that I sent today you will see similarities in their occupation and father which make me think they are brothers. The father on the marriage certificate is a William BARKER, postman.
Jayne
Birth certificate
Amos Barker born 19 May 1868 Hurst near Woodside, Dudley, father William Barker, Blacksmith (journeyman), mother Sarah Ann Barker formerly Baker
Marriage certificate
Amos Barker 22 Bachelor, Miller, residing at Brockmore, father William Barker, Postman. Lavinia Tressy Stout, 19, Spinster, residing at Brockmore, father Benjamine Stout, Labourer. Witness John and Sarah King
Jayneh

Re: Amos Barker bn 1868

Postby grangers14 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:48 pm

That is on BCC here
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =830972734

Ready to archive this thread? :)
grangers14

Postby Jayneh » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:55 pm

thank you for linking them.
Some more info could be added before you archive this thread.
The two sons of Amos BARKER bn 1868 are already in the BCC tree but birth dates 1 year out, here’s additional info (strangely both registered as Amos but the first son used the name Jesse)
GRO birth references
1) BARKER, AMOS JESSE GRO Reference: 1891 D Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 200, Mother STOUT
2) BARKER, AMOS GRO Reference: 1896 D Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON Volume 06B Page 648, Mother STOUT

1911 census: 37 John St, Round Oak, Kingswinford
Minnie Walters, wife, 42, M, secondhand wardrobe dealer, own act
Jessie Barker S, 20, S, Labourer on sewage work
Amos Barker, S, 14, S, Labourer on sewage work
Freda Walters, D, 6, S
Charlie Walters, S, 4
Ellen Cairns, Servant, 52, Widow
All born Brierley Hill, Staffs it says

Note mother Lavinia Stout, often goes by the name Minnie and marries 3 times first to Amos Barker (d 1897), then Walter Walters (married 1900 Stourbridge Vol 6c Page 165), then to Albert Wagg (divorced 5 Dec 1935, but can’t find marriage).
Mother Minnie Lavinia and the 3 children Jessie, Freda and Charlie move to Michigan USA in 1911 as shown on 1920 United Sates Federal Census:
Living at Bellevue Ave, Detroit, Wayne, Michigan USA
Albert Wagg, Head, 39, Married, bn England, Electrician Automobile Shop
Minnie Wagg, Wife, 48, M, England
Freda , Daughter, 14, S, England
Charles, 12, S, England
Jesse Barker, 27, step son, M, bn England, Married, Labourer Automobile Shop
Mary Barker, 27, wife, M, bn Canada
All immigration year 1911 except Mary 1919

Marriage certificate details on Ancestry for Jesse in Detriot Michigan 16 Aug 1919
Jessie Barker, 27, bn England, Elect, father Amos Barker, mother Minnie Stout, married Mary Groluan, bn Ohio, father Morris Groluan, mother Mary Pillrath

Unsure when Amos bn 1896 emigrated from England but found
Marriage certificate details on Ancestry for Amos in Essex, Ontario Canada 15 Nov 1913:
Amos Barker, aged 19, bn England, father Amos Barker, mother Minnie Lavinia Stout Barker, married Sarah Chatten, father Jessie H Chatten and Jane Pautney Chatten from England

thanks
Jayne
BTW I have a distant DNA match cM17 (perhaps 3rd cousin 2x removed) living in Michigan USA; from our trees the common ancestor is William Barker and they are descended from Amos bn 1868 and Jessie bn 1891, though their overall DNA estimate for England and Wales is very low at 5%
Jayneh

Postby kdwoodie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:37 am

My husband is related to the Chattens. Jesse's parents were Thomas Chatten and Sarah Millward. Sarah's parents were his 2x G Grandparents.
kdwoodie

Postby mallosa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:58 am

I have added some of the above here - https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =594705035

hoping I have done it correctly, please could you check?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Jayneh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks very much for adding the information, including the Walters.
Please could the 1911 census information in the thread be added to Lavinia's children please Jessie, Amos, Freda and Charlie on BCC.
Also the 1920 USA census info could be added to Jessie, Freda and Charlie.
And the marriage info for Jessie and Amos could be added in their information box.
All that would help our distant American cousins to track them down.

GRO References for the Walters children could be added:
WALTERS, FREDA ELIZABETH 1905 M Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 218, mother STOUT
WALTERS, CHARLES 1907 J Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 202, mother STOUT

Can't find a Walter Walters born around 1870 on GRO in the Dudley / Stourbridge RD, but the census info you added could be his family. Perhaps he was registered as Albert and then changed his name to Albert Wagg in America (husband of Minnie Lavinia) but that's just a guess to follow if we feel inclined.

best wishes
Jayne
Jayneh

Postby Jayneh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:26 am

kdwoodie, did Sarah Chatten and her family come from the Black Country too? Do you have any further info?
Jayneh

Postby Jayneh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:13 am

Re the US Census info - I forgot to add the youngest children (Jesse jr and Albert Barker) to the details, one of which was born in England
On further investigation It looks like the father of Jessie Jr who is Jessie Barker bn 1891 first married Florence Gertrude Wagg in Staffordshire before they emigrated to US and Florence, who I think died in Detroit in 1916.
Here is the full list of the family on the 1920 census, also Jessie's marriage index to Florence and the GRO reference for Jessie JR which contrary to the 1920 us census indicates that Jessie bn 1891 might have emigrated after 1911:

Mother Minnie Lavinia and the 3 children Jessie, Freda and Charlie move to Michigan USA in 1911 as shown on 1920 United Sates Federal Census:
Living at Bellevue Ave, Detroit, Wayne, Michigan USA
Albert Wagg, Head, 39, Married, bn England, Electrician Automobile Shop
Minnie Wagg, Wife, 48, M, England
Freda , Daughter, 14, S, England
Charles, 12, S, England
Jesse Barker, 27, step son, M, bn England, Married, Labourer Automobile Shop
Mary Barker, 27, wife, M, bn Canada
All immigration year 1911 except Mary 1919
Jesse jr, Son, 8, bn England
Albert, Son, 6, bn Michingan

GRO Reference for Jessie Jr
BARKER, JESSE GEORGE ALBERT 1912 M Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 405, mother WAGG

England and Wales Marriage index
Jesse Barker 1911 2 Qtr Stourbridge RD vol 6c P235 married either a Florence G Wagg or Alice M Waterfield
Jayneh

Postby Jayneh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:37 am

Ah yes some of the family, including Jessie Jn, emigrated in 1912 (not 1911). I've found them on the SS Laconia sailing from Liverpool 16 April 1912 on their way to Mich Detroit as:
Walters Lavina, 40, father Benjamin Stout, Parker steet, Brierley Hill
Walters Frieda, 7
Walters Charles, 4
Barker Florence G, 21, father George Wagg Dudley road, Brierley Hill
Barker Jesse, 2 months infant
All were resident at Brierley Hill

Perhaps I should start a new thread later for the Waggs in the BC
Jayneh

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 am

Is this thread done?

If more needs to be added to Bcc please specify exactly what and I can sticky this and if anyone has time
they can add it to Bcc if not and nothing else needs help with I will archive.
Northern Lass

Postby Jayneh » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi, being new to the BCC tree, I'm sure how the 'About' sections are meant to work. For instance if the census information is already recorded for their parents on BCC, then is the system to leave these census details off the children's page?
Once I understand the system then I'll be able to let you know what else needs adding.
thanks
Jayne
Jayneh

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:41 am

Jayneh wrote:Hi, being new to the BCC tree, I'm sure how the 'About' sections are meant to work. For instance if the census information is already recorded for their parents on BCC, then is the system to leave these census details off the children's page?
Once I understand the system then I'll be able to let you know what else needs adding.
thanks
Jayne

If someone has the time to add to Bcc then it can be added.
so it is a time thing really.
If no one can add and there is no more help needed ie no query...then the post will be archived.

The census info goes onto the head of the household so it is not repeated on the kids notes.

Basically the forum is a separate website that we work out of so if you have a query we can help you with it.
If someone has time to add to the tree that info then it can go on.
but the forum and this section is for you to post your query so we can help you.
Northern Lass

Postby Jayneh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi, thanks for explaining that makes sense, and sorry I was being over enthusiastic and a little bit confused about the aim of the forum. I was thinking the main aim of the forum was to add more people onto the BCC tree with supporting information.
I've no queries on this thread, so it can be archived.

If there was time to add supporting evidence for 2 of Livinia Stouts children already on BCC here it is
GRO References:
WALTERS, FREDA ELIZABETH 1905 M Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 218, mother STOUT
WALTERS, CHARLES 1907 J Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 202, mother STOUT
Jayneh

Postby grangers14 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:03 pm

I can slowly add. So very busy at the moment!
grangers14

Re: Amos Barker bn 1868---Jo adding

Postby grangers14 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

I am plodding on with this :roll:
Albert Wagg I think we need another thread as that is confusing! I will start one.
grangers14

Next

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics