Susan Howells victim of Zepplin raids Wednesbury-Jo sorting

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Susan Howells victim of Zepplin raids Wednesbury-Jo sort

Postby grangers14 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:37 pm

I will archive this pending death cert.
Jo :)
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:59 am

The death certificate has arrived this morning...
31st January 1916. King Street, Wednesbury, Susan Howells, female, 50 years, wife of Edward Howells a labourer, Body shattered by the explosion of a bomb discharged from an enemy air craft. Certificate received from W C Checkley, deputy coroner for Staffordshire Inquest held 4th February, registered 5th February

So the memorial is wrong!

http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =546200632
grangers14

Postby mjay » Sun May 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Thanks for relooking at this one Jo.
Some interesting info you've all found on the family, shame about the inscription on the memorial though eh.
Thanks for adding to BCC too 8)
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby grangers14 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm

It has been very interesting mjay! And the Owen family too!
I have contacted Tom Morgan about it and he is going to change it on his website. Also sent a message to another person from find a grave. I dont know just yet who to contact about the memorial stone? I will keep looking unless you know?
Could you tell me please the booklet you have if that says what age for her says? Tom Morgan has said a book Ian Bott has written a good book about the raids and he has her age also as 50.
Would be so good if it was changed or at least noted. Will be a big expense to change Susans age on the memorial. Some note should be made though.
grangers14

Postby mjay » Sun May 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Jo
I'm unsure who to contact regarding the memorial that's in wood Green cemetery Wednesbury other than maybe Sandwell bereavement services. When I can I'll have a search.
I originally found the info on victims of zepplin raids in Wednesbury from a link on a Facebook page. Someone also posted a photo of the mememorial. I never knew it existed till then. The same page posted a link to the Hellfire corner site where I found the names corresponding with memorial photo and I searched from the info I had found. Susan Howell was the only one I couldn't find but you've all cracked it Thank you
The only booklet I have is on Tipton victims of zepplin raids theres nothing mentioned on there though.

I agree it would be nice to get her age recognised at the least .

Thanks again
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby mjay » Sun May 22, 2016 11:07 pm

mjay

Postby grangers14 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:41 am

Ok mjay.
See what I can find out.
Will archive this now.
grangers14

Previous

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics