Broadfield House Glass Museum

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Broadfield House Glass Museum

Postby Docwras » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Thank you for this info which will be most useful when planning a visit to the Midlands for later this year to follow up the Docwra connections in Coventry.

Just as an aside, are you aware of the plans to close the Broadfield House Glass Museum in April next year? It's creating a huge stir as you might imagine!
Cheers! Anne
Docwras

Re: Black Country Attractions-Places to go + things to see

Postby peterd » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Glad the info will come in handy for your pending trip if you get chance to visit any of them let us know, i know mally would appriciate copy of any photo you may that you might think will be good for the gallery pete :wink:
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Re: Black Country Attractions-Places to go + things to see

Postby mallosa » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Docwras wrote:Thank you for this info which will be most useful when planning a visit to the Midlands for later this year to follow up the Docwra connections in Coventry.

Just as an aside, are you aware of the plans to close the Broadfield House Glass Museum in April next year? It's creating a huge stir as you might imagine!

Hi Docwras, others on the site may already be aware, but I wasn't! Thanks for highlighting it :wink:

By sheer coincidence, our Black Country photographer Dennis, took this photograph of the Glass Museum today :grin: I have just uploaded it into our Gallery. Click on the photo to enlarge.

Kingswinford - Broadfield House Glass Museum
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Broadfield House Glass Museum

Postby linell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:06 am

The Broadfield Museum is moving to the Red Cone Glass Museum at Wordsley. Best Wishes from linell.
linell

Postby Docwras » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Possibly so but is that a good thing given that there isn't the space at the Red House Cone site to accommodate the collection, so much of it will have to be stored or worse. :shock:

I'll certainly take loads of pics when I get there and let you have copies. I have some of around Netherton from one of the National Waterways Festivals if they're of interest too?
Cheers! Anne
Docwras

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Docwras I am sure Mally our Gallery Gal! :grin:

Will be very grateful to receive those won't you Mally!
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Hi Docwras I am sure Mally our Gallery Gal! :grin:

Will be very grateful to receive those won't you Mally!

I certainly will!

:grin: Thanks Docwras....if you do wish to send any photo's, you can either upload into the 'Members Uploads' or pm me for my details.

Mally
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics