ARC ....Joseph Taylor&Ann Smith births&death-

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

ARC ....Joseph Taylor&Ann Smith births&death-

Postby Frodo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm

This topic has been visited before but Worcestershire must have released more records which I have found on Ancestry.

https://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/t ... ver=646086

For Joseph Taylor (1783-1842) there is now a baptism record - Worcestershire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1600-1812-...
24th April 1783, Stoke Prior, Worcestershire, England. Parents Thomas and Sarah.
Joseph was born 4th April 1783 (in the Family Bible).
I believe the names also make sense as I have a book I inherited with ownership written inside (a topic a while back deciphering the place name Ombersley) in which a Thomas Taylor takes ownership of the book in 1806 from a William Taylor.
The book becomes Nathan's in 1846.
Could this baptism information be added on Black Country Connections?

For Ann Smith new information has also appeared and there is an entry in the same 1600-1812 records ...
for an Ann Smith's baptism on 19th May 1793 in Hanbury, Worcestershire, parents Thomas and Sarah Smith.
In the 1841 Census she is just listed as being born in Worcestershire about 1796 age 45 but birth ages are just rounded up/down for all the family.
In the 1851 Census she is age 59, birth about 1792 in Hanbury and in 1861 she is age 71 birth about 1790 in Hanbury.
I have been unable to find Ann after 1861, there are 3 possible entries (with the surname Parry as she remarried) of June 1861 Bromsgrove, September 1867 Dudley and December 1870 Alcester.
Bromsgrove is the obvious registration place as she lived in Stoke Prior and Alcester is where Eliza Taylor (Wiggett) was living.
Nathan went to America in 1860 promising to return after 5 years which he did but he doesn't mention whether his mother was alive on his return.
He returned to America in August 1870 so before the 1870 death. There is a record for the 1870 one, the burial place was Feckenham which although not too far away doesn't have any family connections as far as I know.
Again could the baptism for Ann be added and is anyone able to find any more out about the other death dates.
There is definitely another Ann Parry living in the Stoke Prior vicinity around the same time.
Frodo

Re: Joseph Taylor&Ann Smith births&death-can it be added to

Postby mallosa » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:06 pm

If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Joseph Taylor&Ann Smith births&death-can it be added to

Postby Northern Lass » Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 am

This has now been added

Re the Deaths you would need to send for certifs to be sure it is the correct Ann.

will move to archived unless you need something else
Northern Lass

Joseph Taylor and Ann Smith

Postby Frodo » Thu May 02, 2024 6:45 pm

Thank you for adding the information to Connection. I missed replying before you moved the post.
Frodo

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics