william whitehouse c 1816

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: Northern Lass, grangers14, admin, peterd

william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:30 pm

looking for the parents of William and his marriage to Sarah trying to make a link to Mary Ann Whitehouse c1834 who married a James Bourne Marriage
26 Jul 1853 • Sedgley, Stafford,


1841 Church St, Darlaston

Joseph Spencer 45 door lock
Hannah Spencer 45
Thomas Spencer 25 screw forger
Nancy Spencer 15
Elizabeth Spencer 13
William Whitehouse 25 screw forger
Mary Foster 3

was William a lodger ?

mistranscribed should be whitehouse

1851

William Whitchurch 35 screw maker (forge)
Sarah Whitchurch 27
Martha Whitchurch 7
Mary Whitchurch 3
Ann M Whitchurch 10 Mo
all born Darlaston


1861 Cross ? St, Darlaston,

William Whitehouse 47 Bolt Maker
Sarah Whitehouse 39
Martha Whitehouse 17 Screw factory girl
Mary Whitehouse 13 Screw factory girl
Ann Maria Whitehouse 10
Isaac Whitehouse 7
William Whitehouse 5

all born Darlaston


1871 The Green, Darlaston

William Whitehouse 55 screw maker
Sarah Whitehouse 51
Isaac Whitehouse 18 iron labourer
William Whitehouse 15 blower for father
Jane Whitehouse 8

all born Darlaston


1881 At 123 The Green, Darlaston

William Whitehouse Head 66 Nut & Bolt Maker b. Darlaston, Staffs.
Sarah Whitehouse Wife 63 b. Darlaston, Staffs.
Jenny Whitehouse Daur Unm. 18 b. Darlaston, Staffs.
Sarah Corbett Boarder Widow 32 b. Darlaston, Staffs.
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 pm

possible marriage

Marriages Mar 1844
WATSON Sarah Wolverhampton &c 17 251
WHITEHOUSE William Wolverhampton &c 17 251

GRO

Name: WHITEHOUSE, ANN MARIA
Mother's Maiden Surname: WATSON
GRO Reference: 1850 J Quarter in WALSALL Volume 17 Page 283

1 Record(s) Found - Showing Page 1 of 1
Go to page

ann maria here
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =383953335
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:39 pm

WATSON Sarah full s 9 Jan 1844 Willenhall W.Watson Miner WHITEHOUSE William B St.Peters
WHITEHOUSE William full b 9 Jan 1844 Boltmaker Willenhall J.Whitehouse Screwmaker WATSON Sarah B St.Peters

so it look like a j whitehouse his father anyone find a christening ? or a j whitehouse on the census long shot
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:24 pm

anyone find a wedding for these two c1816

1841 census
Joseph Spencer 45 door lock
Hannah Spencer 45
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:02 pm

anyone got this marriage ?

Marriage 26 Jul 1853 • Sedgley, Stafford,
Mary Ann Whitehouse
James Bourne
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:10 pm

got this so is john the J whitehouse on William marriage ?

Name Mary Ann Whitehouse
Gender Female
Age 19
Birth Date1834
Marriage Date 26 Jul 1853
Marriage Place Sedgley, Stafford, England
Father John Whitehouse
Spouse James Bournes
FHL Film Number 1040793
Reference ID 2:3FX85FJ

Household Members Name
Name James Bournes
Name James Bournes
Name Mary Ann Whitehouse
Name John Whitehouse
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

poss 1841 where mary and Elizabeth ?

James Bourne Male 40 1801 Worcestershire, England
William Bourne Male 20 1821 Worcestershire, England
Lucy Bourne Female 15 1826 Worcestershire, England
Hannah Bourne Female 10 1831 Worcestershire, England
James Bourne Male 8 1833 Worcestershire, England


poss Elizabeth 1841 and a whitehouse present

1841 Dixons Green, Dudley

Henry Dickens Male 33 1808 -
Frances Dickens Female 5 1836 -
Martha Dickens Female 2 1839 Worcestershire, England
Nancy Whitehouse Female 72 1769 -
Elizabeth ???Dell Female 19 1822 -
Elizabeth Bourne Female 15 1826 Worcestershire, England


poss 1851 Queens Cross, Dudley

James Bourne Head Married Male 57 1794 Joiner Dudley, Worcestershire, England
Mary Bourne Wife Married Female 62 1789 - Oaken, Staffordshire, England
James Bourne Son Unmarried Male 18 1833 Joiner Dudley, Worcestershire, England
Elizabeth Bourne Daughter Unmarried Female 24 1827 Dress Maker Dudley, Worcestershire, England


poss 1961 census

James Bourne Head - Male 28 1833 Carpenter Dudley, Worcestershire, England
Mary Ann Bourne Wife - Female 26 1835 - Dudley, Worcestershire, England
Elizabeth Bourne Daughter - Female 6 1855 - Dudley, Worcestershire, England
John Bourne Son - Male 4 1857 - Dudley, Worcestershire, England
Mary Bourne Daughter - Female 3 1858 - Dudley, Worcestershire, England
Albert Bourne Son - Male1 1860 - Dudley, Worcestershire, England
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby Jayneh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi, earlier you were looking for marriage of Joseph Spencer to a Hannah? Could it be this one in Freereg to Susanna Vaughton or in Findmypast to a Hannah Vaughton - a few weeks apart in the same church

From Freereg
County Staffordshire
Place Wolverhampton
Church name St Peter
Register type Parish Register
Marriage date 15 May 1814
Groom forename Joseph
Groom surname SPENCER
Bride forename Susanna
Bride surname VAUGHTON
Witness1 John VAUGHTON
Witness2 Michael SHORE
Transcribed by Jonathan Maxfield
File line number 368

In Findmypast about a month earlier a John Hannah
First name(s) Joseph
Last name Spencer
Marriage year 1814
Marriage date 18 Apr 1814
Marriage place Wolverhampton, St Peter
Denomination Anglican
Residence Wolverhampton, St Peter
Spouse's first name(s) Hannah
Spouse's last name Vaughton
Spouse's residence Wolverhampton, St Peter
County Staffordshire
Country England
Archive reference D1157/1/1/31
Page 119
Register type Marriage
Jayneh
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:39 am
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Jayneh wrote:Hi, earlier you were looking for marriage of Joseph Spencer to a Hannah? Could it be this one in Freereg to Susanna Vaughton or in Findmypast to a Hannah Vaughton - a few weeks apart in the same church

From Freereg
County Staffordshire
Place Wolverhampton
Church name St Peter
Register type Parish Register
Marriage date 15 May 1814
Groom forename Joseph
Groom surname SPENCER
Bride forename Susanna
Bride surname VAUGHTON
Witness1 John VAUGHTON
Witness2 Michael SHORE
Transcribed by Jonathan Maxfield
File line number 368

In Findmypast about a month earlier a John Hannah
First name(s) Joseph
Last name Spencer
Marriage year 1814
Marriage date 18 Apr 1814
Marriage place Wolverhampton, St Peter
Denomination Anglican
Residence Wolverhampton, St Peter
Spouse's first name(s) Hannah
Spouse's last name Vaughton
Spouse's residence Wolverhampton, St Peter
County Staffordshire
Country England
Archive reference D1157/1/1/31
Page 119
Register type Marriage



thanks
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:38 am

William whitehouse c 1855 poss marriage dna connection to cathy whitehouse ?

Marriages Mar 1880

MILLINGTON Rebecca Dudley 6c 123
WHITEHOUSE William Dudley 6c 123

1881
10 Station St, Darlaston

William Whitehouse 23 bolt maker
Rebecca Whitehouse 23
both born Darlaston


1891 census
9 Station St, Darlaston

William Whitehouse 36 screw forger
Rebecca Whitehouse 29
Mary J Whitehouse 10
John H Whitehouse 9
William Whitehouse 6
Elizabeth Whitehouse 4
John Clifford 29 miner lodger
all born Darlaston

1901 cope St Darlaston

William Whitehouse 45 iron bolt forger
Rebecca Whitehouse 39
Mary J Ashmore 19 daug
William Whitehouse 15 iron nut turner
Elizabeth Whitehouse 13 iron nut screwer
Leonard Whitehouse 7
all born Darlaston

john henry died 18 jan 1915 france age 31
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby kdwoodie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:16 am

peterd wrote:got this so is john the J whitehouse on William marriage ?

Name Mary Ann Whitehouse
Gender Female
Age 19
Birth Date1834
Marriage Date 26 Jul 1853
Marriage Place Sedgley, Stafford, England
Father John Whitehouse
Spouse James Bournes
FHL Film Number 1040793
Reference ID 2:3FX85FJ

Household Members Name
Name James Bournes
Name James Bournes
Name Mary Ann Whitehouse
Name John Whitehouse


Marriage from Free Reg

County Staffordshire
Place Sedgley
Church name All Saints
Register type Parish Register
Register entry number40
Marriage date 26 Jul 1853
Groom forename James
Groom surname BOURNE
Groom age 20
Groom condition bachelor
Groom occupation Carpenter
Groom abode Shavers End
Bride forename Mary Ann
Bride surname WHITEHOUSE
Bride age 19
Bride condition spinster
Bride abode Shavers End
Groom father forename James
Groom father surname BOURNE
Groom father occupation Carpenter
Bride father forename John
Bride father surname WHITEHOUSE
Bride father occupation Hardner of Fire Irons
Witness1Thomas FIELDHOUSE
Witness2Jane WELLINGS
NotesGroom & witness 1 sign
kdwoodie
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby kdwoodie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:27 am

Family Search
Name:William Whitehouse
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date:16 Feb 1880
Event Place:Tipton, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Event Place (Original):Tipton, Staffordshire, England
Parish:St Mark
Residence Place:Aston Street
Age:of Age
Father's Name: William Whitehouse
Spouse's Name: Rebecca Millington
Spouse's Residence Place:Aston Street
Spouse's Age:of Age
Spouse's Father's Name: John Millington
Affiliate Image Identifier:D6116/1/1/12
Images Available findmypast (I don't have sub to findmypast)
kdwoodie
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:12 pm

kdwoodie wrote:Family Search
Name:William Whitehouse
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date:16 Feb 1880
Event Place:Tipton, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Event Place (Original):Tipton, Staffordshire, England
Parish:St Mark
Residence Place:Aston Street
Age:of Age
Father's Name: William Whitehouse
Spouse's Name: Rebecca Millington
Spouse's Residence Place:Aston Street
Spouse's Age:of Age
Spouse's Father's Name: John Millington
Affiliate Image Identifier:D6116/1/1/12
Images Available findmypast (I don't have sub to findmypast)



cheers KD that help a lot
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby peterd » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:44 pm

peterd wrote:WATSON Sarah full s 9 Jan 1844 Willenhall W.Watson Miner WHITEHOUSE William B St.Peters
WHITEHOUSE William full b 9 Jan 1844 Boltmaker Willenhall J.Whitehouse Screwmaker WATSON Sarah B St.Peters

so it look like a j whitehouse his father anyone find a christening ? or a j whitehouse on the census long shot



Church name St Peter Wolverhampton
riage date 9 Jan 1844
Groom forename William
Groom surname WHITEHOUSE
Groom age full age
Groom occupation Boltmaker
Groom abode Willenhall
Bride forename Sarah
Bride surname WATSON
Bride age full age
Bride abode Willenhall
Groom father forename J
Groom father surname WHITEHOUSE
Groom father occupation Screwmaker
Bride father forename W
Bride father surname WATSON
Bride father occupation Miner
Witness1 James MILES
Witness2 Mary HAMPTON

still cannot find father first name wonder who the witness are ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15161
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: william whitehouse c 1816

Postby grangers14 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 pm

I have looked and looked :?

Not sure about this, only going by wifes name as Martha and his first child was named Martha and name is J as in James?? :?

1841. Cock Street, Darlaston.
James Whitehouse, 50, Miner Coal
Martha, 39,
Joseph, 17,
George, 13,
Martha, 8,
James Wikins, 49, Sawer
All born in County

1851. Cock Street, Darlaston
James Whitehouse, head, 65, Coal Miner, Wallsall
Martha wife, 54,
Martha, daur, 18,
Richard Webster, Inmate, 45, Furnace Lab, Derbyshire
John Meridith, Inmate, 40, Shropshire
Others born Darlaston
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 14256
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Next

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests