Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: Northern Lass, admin, grangers14, peterd

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

There is a grave site you can use that is on the Dudley archives website
That I think has info on graves and you can search on a name
Pm BC wench she is great at remembering what they have and how to use it
I forget :?
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 41741
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Waltzer7 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Northern Lass wrote:There is a grave site you can use that is on the Dudley archives website
That I think has info on graves and you can search on a name
Pm BC wench she is great at remembering what they have and how to use it
I forget :?


Northern Lass, Thank you for letting me know and I've looked up Dudley Archives on this link: https://www.better.org.uk/library/dudle ... ory-centre

I have to confess, I found the website bewildering as it seems to cover lots of various activities such as library, spa, sports, etc but couldn't find "Archives" or "Family Tree." It also looks like I'll have to become a member first?

BC wench, please could you give me advice on how and whereabouts on the website, how could I search on name/access info on graves?
Waltzer7
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby grangers14 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Not certain but I wonder if its this page?
http://www5.dudley.gov.uk/genealogy/gensearch.aspx
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby grangers14 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:47 pm

I think all is added plus a bit more...
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =476250926
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =608159772
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =965205204
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =791007815

probably more...
Would be good to have some certs as some can not be looked up.
Ready to archive if you think I have added all?
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Waltzer7 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:31 pm

There's Doris Joyce Cox Tranter born around 1909 (April-May-June Quarter) under Stourbridge, Vol 6c page 134 who was born to Julia Cox, daughter of Shadrack Cox and Lucy Jones
COX, JULIA JONES GRO Reference: 1885 S Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 152

Julia Cox and Frederick Tranter married 20 Sept 1908 St. Peters Cradley
Waltzer7
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:59 pm

I can't get it too work like it used to
We need BC wench
They seem to have changed it
You used to go to the Dudley archives site
Click on cemeteries
And search clicking on I accept
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 41741
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby grangers14 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:11 am

This link gives you the cemeteries

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/residents/reg ... of-dudley/

If you click on the cemetery you want it opens another page telling you about it and at the bottom of the page there is a link for a PDF file showing a map.
The first link I gave you can search a persons name and clicking the highlighted name or number gives you more info.
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby grangers14 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:52 am

Waltzer7 wrote:There's Doris Joyce Cox Tranter born around 1909 (April-May-June Quarter) under Stourbridge, Vol 6c page 134 who was born to Julia Cox, daughter of Shadrack Cox and Lucy Jones
COX, JULIA JONES GRO Reference: 1885 S Quarter in STOURBRIDGE Volume 06C Page 152

Julia Cox and Frederick Tranter married 20 Sept 1908 St. Peters Cradley


Doris is on BCC here
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... d=39238928

I have added a link on Herbert and Doris info. It isn't possible, that I can see, to be able to add parents then adopted parents...
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 am

grangers14 wrote:Not certain but I wonder if its this page?
http://www5.dudley.gov.uk/genealogy/gensearch.aspx


Yes it is but that link isn't on the new Dudley archives site
So where is it on the archives site that has it seems been updated
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 41741
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby BC Wench » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am

Hello, I'm here :-)

At one time, 2 members of staff at the Archives controlled their own web site, but it looks as though Dudley Council is now running it and it's not a friendly user web site anymore. Anyway, this is the link to Dudley Archives

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/things-to-do/ ... y-service/

Scroll down and click on Genealogy Research Service and it gives you this

http://www5.dudley.gov.uk/genealogy/gensearch.aspx

which grangers14 has already said.

This web site covers the public cemeteries which come under Dudley Council, NOT Church graveyards.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
User avatar
BC Wench
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 am

I still can't find it it no matter :-) is this now added I don't have time to add so thanks Jo if u have added
Flagging to arc
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 41741
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Waltzer7 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 am

BC Wench wrote:Hello, I'm here :-)

At one time, 2 members of staff at the Archives controlled their own web site, but it looks as though Dudley Council is now running it and it's not a friendly user web site anymore. Anyway, this is the link to Dudley Archives

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/things-to-do/ ... y-service/

Scroll down and click on Genealogy Research Service and it gives you this

http://www5.dudley.gov.uk/genealogy/gensearch.aspx

which grangers14 has already said.

This web site covers the public cemeteries which come under Dudley Council, NOT Church graveyards.


Thanks for the links and I have tried this link: http://www5.dudley.gov.uk/genealogy/gensearch.aspx which doesn't seem to work for me, probably because I was unable to fill in all the boxes and that it doesn't cover graveyards.

I will have another go at emailing St Peters.

Thanks
Waltzer7
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby grangers14 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:02 pm

I just put in surname and didn't click anything else.
Then scrolled through each page.
It is arranged by alphabetical order of forenames. One problem is that some are recorded as Mr or Mrs and have been grouped under "M" :roll:
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am

Jo all added?

Flagging to arc
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 41741
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Herbert John Cox (1869 - 5 March 1960) NL to add bcc

Postby grangers14 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 am

Yes I think so...
User avatar
grangers14
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: North East

Previous

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests