Greetings from a Black Country lad in New Zealand

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Greetings from a Black Country lad in New Zealand

Postby bshall » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 am

Introducing myself, I was born in Rowley Regis Staffs and have lived in NZ since 1963. My interest in genealogy started in 1992 and I am interested in the Edge family from Haden Hill, Old Hill, Cradley Heath in particular. Also the HALL family from Norton Lindsey Warwicks and later Smethwick, Stourbridge etc.

I have a personal website that tells more about me and my family http://www.homepages.paradise.net.nz/bshall.
I was delighted to find this forum and also the bcconnections I hope that I can contribute in a manner to be of benefit to others.;ln
bshall

Re: Greetings from a Black Country lad in New Zealand

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 am

Hi bshall welcome to the site :grin:

Looking forward to having your input in the forum, you have some good solid black country names on your website!
They will fit nicely into Black Country Connections.

We have our own dedicated section for the Black Country area too!
A discussion section where you can post any queries you have on your ancestors and a snug which is an off topic area...for....well for quite a bit of Black Country stuff! Be great to get some of your memories of the area on there.

Oh and any photos you would like to share too would be greatfully received both on here (in the Black country images section)
and on Connections

Good to have you on board!
:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby dianel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi and welcome bshall,

There are a few surnames on your list that I share (and so do numbers of other people on the Black Country section). You'll probably find that you are some sort of cousin to all of us.

Incidentally, another benefit of wearing of odd socks is that it makes use of all those single socks that the washing machine didn't eat. :grin:

Nice to have you with us,
Cheers,
Di
Some mistakes are too much fun
to only make once.
dianel

Postby peterd » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:15 pm

hi bshall
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to The Archive