French Death Records PLEASE HELP

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

French Death Records PLEASE HELP

Postby mcfeddan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 pm

My Grandfather traveled to France from Londonderry Northern Ireland as a horse trainer between 1900-1910 and was kicked by a horse and killed [according to folk law] can anyone read the online French records and tell me is it possible to find his death recorded. Where in France can i contact to search the records. I would love to know where he is buried perhaps i could visit the place before i am to old. His name was Michael Mc Ginness also spelt Mc Guinness his last residence was Fedden Ballygawley Co Tyrone in Northern Ireland he left a wife Bridgit and four children. Any help will be gratefully apprecated. Nora.
mcfeddan

Re: French Death Records PLEASE HELP

Postby yvette » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Nora,
Thought I would answer your post....not that i think i can be of any help....but nobody seems to post/answer very often on here, I have just joined and put up a 'brick wall' question, and no answer's either there. I have been researching my tree's for about 4/5 years now, with some luck and also without any luck!!! I will have a think about your problem, and also ask a good friend of mine who is very expert in reasearching her trees, England USA Irelan and France too, so she may be able to point you in a direction :)

will get back to you as soon as possible.

Yvette
yvette

Re: French Death Records PLEASE HELP

Postby mcfeddan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Thank you so much Yvette for your reply i just wanted some one who could read the online French records and see if the information was their .But i am finding the online records not very good for Irish anserty anyway .I sometimes visit the b/d/m records office in Belfast so if i can be of any help their let me know.Thank you again Nora.
mcfeddan

Return to The Archive