Barnsleys & Cookseys to Canada 1914

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Barnsleys & Cookseys to Canada 1914

Postby EveLynnS » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:25 am

Hello, All! So glad that Jo steered me to this site as there is a lot to learn here. I hope to help, too. I'm northeast of Toronto, Canada and will do some legwork if you need it. I know of a Barnardo Home family northeast of me, from the Black Country and I see that a Cooksey emigrated to Hamilton, Ontario, that I never knew, but is a relative.
Someone told me that the name Eland was popular in the Black Country as he was a well-loved clergyman. Eland follows my ancestors, both Barnsley and Cooksey, for quite a few generations, usually as a second name to Albert. I cannot find a death certificate for Albert Eland Barnsley, and my latest hunch is that he went to New Zealand. One family tale is that he fell into a hole on the moor! He was in the military, Boer War perhaps. I see someone else here had a Albert Eland in a Sidaway family?
I see there might be TWO Albert Eland Barnsley boys, but reading a post here, I'm wondering about that. No, come to think of it, the parents are different...
I also have a puzzle surrounding Betsey Pritchard. I don't know who her father is and she's a lodger in a census. I think there are timing issues in her wedding dates!
Looking forward to getting to know you! Comments and hints welcome and remember, I will help you, too. :wink:
EveLynnS

Re: Barnsleys & Cookseys to Canada 1914

Postby SRD » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:06 am

Welcome to the forum Image

We like to keep this section for simple introductions so please post your queries in the Black Country section giving as much detail as possible.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby peterd » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

hi eve welcome to the forum
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby grangers14 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello Eve-Lynne,
I hope you enjoy the forum and our company! :)
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Hiya Eve-Lynne :wave:

Welcome to the forum
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to The Archive