Longland surname

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Longland surname

Postby Longies » Fri May 24, 2019 5:31 am

Morning all,

First of all many thanks for granting admission to this forum.

I am doing research on the LONGLAND surname and I stay in South Africa (SA). Now in SA the LONGLAND surname is rather rare, unlike in England where there are many LONGLAND folk walking around. My ancestor is John Spencer LONGLAND who with his wife Mary LONGLAND (nee Cooper) and daughter Zilpha emigrated from England to SA in January 1846 on the ship Susan.

In my research I still stumble onto Longland individuals whom I cannot link to my existing tree - in other words they are not descendants of John Spencer. So I often find myself having to do some research on records in England to try and find out what is going on and from where they are. Or I stumble onto a record of a LONGLAND and I don't have a clue where he/she fits in.

The LONGLAND sons in SA at some stage all married Afrikaans speaking ladies and subsequently many LONGLAND families' home language is Afrikaans (speaking the language of the mother - mother language!). So I am Afrikaans speaking and request patience if I make the odd grammar mistake or two :)

Thanks again and I will be posting my first post in the General Discussion forum.
Longies

Re: Longland surname

Postby SRD » Fri May 24, 2019 7:30 am

Welcome to the forum Image
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby peterd » Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Welcome to the forum Longies
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Sat May 25, 2019 7:39 am

Welcome
Northern Lass

Postby grangers14 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:10 am

I hope you enjoy the forum and our company.
grangers14

Return to The Archive