Brick Wall.....Help11

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Brick Wall.....Help11

Postby Spotter » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi

I have started to research my family tree and have arrived at a dead end.
I did not know my father but i do have his birth certificate which names him as Frank Edward Potter[/color], born 18th Aug 1922 in St Pancras. He was also known as Fred

On this certificate it states that his mother is Helen Potter (formally Brazil) and William Edward Potter the father.
I have found no marriage record for Potter / Brazil and no record of my father anywhere else except for his death.
I have checked electoral registers five years either side of the my father's birth without finding anything to link the Brazil / Potter pairing.

However a Helen Elizabeth Brazil married a Henry J Neale in St Pancras 1912 and as far as i can see, stayed together for many years. This relationship produced five children, one of which was born in 1922 but of a completely different name. After speaking to a member of the Neale family, i believe there to be no connection.

Records show that William Edward Potter was married to Matilda Smith in Camden Town in 1904 (which is in close proximity to St Prancras) and between them possibly had six children with the last being born in 1915.

My mother (now deceased) said that my father never spoke about his childhood which leads me to the possibility of adoption. He was in the British army during WW2, possibly with the desert rats.

I would appreciate any help in breaking down this brick wall in helping me find out about my father's side of the family.

Many thanks
Steve
Spotter

Re: Brick Wall.....Help11

Postby peterd » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:39 pm

hi spotter, welcome to the forum
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:59 am

Welcome :grin:
Northern Lass

Postby SRD » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:23 am

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.
We like to keep this area for simple introductions so I've copied your original post to Brick Walls where you should get some more assistance.
I've also removed your email address as it's our policy not to include addresses to help reduce spam etc.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Return to The Archive