Hello!

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Hello!

Postby rachellauraharper » Fri May 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Rachel and a few years ago I started my family tree. My family area only from Blackheath and Rowley Regis. I believe my great Grandad Swift came from Hull.

I'm interested in finding out as much as I can about both sides of my family (Mom and Dads).
My Dads is Mark Swift - his parents Eric Stanley Swift and Margaret new Mole. I've been working on the Mole family today and came across this page and it seems like a lot of work has been done.
My Mom is Lynn Swift - her parents Ronald Alfred And Edna Matilda Taylor nee Neate.

My Great Gran was a Bryant and I know that is a huge family and is my next focus!

I'm very new to all this which you can probably tell!

Rachel
rachellauraharper

Re: Hello!

Postby peterd » Fri May 29, 2015 6:11 pm

hi Rachel, welcome to the forum
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Maths girl » Fri May 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi Rachel.
Welcome to the forum.
Maths girl
Maths girl

Postby SRD » Sat May 30, 2015 7:14 am

Welcome to the forum. If you get stuck post in The Black Country section, the Staffies here love to get their teeth into a good problem. :wink:
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby sparkstopper » Sat May 30, 2015 8:43 am

Welcome 'Rach'... The guys on here are GOOD!!!!
Semper Paratus:
sparkstopper

Postby Northern Lass » Sat May 30, 2015 8:55 am

Welcome to the forum

Harper eh!

BC Lulu if you looking in .....maybe you connect to Rachel?

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby rachellauraharper » Sat May 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks everyone :)

I'm a Harper by marriage but my husband had his name changed as a child when his Mom got married.

I will definatly post in the Black Country section as I'm stuck with the Moles at the moment!
There's some confusion over a Joseph Mole 1851 as I think he was half brother and had a different Father to his other brothers so I've very stuck!! A 2009 from here helped me full in information about him and his wife Agatha.
rachellauraharper

Postby rockyfowler » Sat May 30, 2015 4:11 pm

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby rachellauraharper » Sat May 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Thank you :)

I found this, this morning and have been working on it most of the day :) I couldn't believe how much information was on there.
rachellauraharper

Postby peterd » Sat May 30, 2015 6:37 pm

A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby Frodo » Sat May 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi - I was browsing today's posts and noticed you were researching the Mole family. As far as I know I am not related in any way but I do have a couple of references to the family. My grandparents, Joseph and Ellen Taylor moved to Blackpool from Birmingham in 1928 and had regular visitors from the Birmingham area, mainly family. I have all my father's family photos, memorabilia etc including a diary my grandad kept in 1928 - this shows that on September 22nd they were visited by Mrs Ravenscroft, Mrs Mole, Luther Willetts and Roland Parkes. My grandmother's sister was married to a Herbert Willetts and I think Luther was his brother (going by the Black country Connections page) - I notice there is a connection between the Willetts and Moles. My father also made a list of all the people he remembers visiting Blackpool and lists Mrs Mole - presumably she may have visited more than just in 1928.

I realise this may have no connection to your family tree but posted it just in case it's of interest.

Frodo
Frodo

Postby rachellauraharper » Sat May 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Peterd thank you for the picture!! Dorcas and Joseph were my 2nd Great Grandparents. Do you know where this picture was taken and who the son is on the headstone as I can't read it very well. I'm Clifford and Alice Mole nee Smiths great granddaughter!
Alice remarried to become Plant and I know where she is as we're regular visitors to Powke Lane Crem.

Frodo - I know there are a lot of Mrs Moles. You never know though! There's only one Mole left and he's very unwell plus he was the youngest so not sure what information he might have on the family.
rachellauraharper

Postby rachellauraharper » Sat May 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Peterd sorry I've just looked at the picture! I was only at St. Paul's last week arranging my Sons Baptisim. I believe he will be the 5th generation to be baptised there so this is something I really want to work on because I think it may be more.
I've no idea where that stone is so guess I'll be going hunting for it on my next trip :)
rachellauraharper

Postby grangers14 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Hello Rachell,
I hope you enjoy the forum and our company. Pete has a load of photos and Mallosa has the gallery and they do an amazing job there :)
Sure they will come back to you about it.
Jo :)
grangers14

Postby peterd » Sat May 30, 2015 10:26 pm

have been searching through trying to work out location

peterd

Next

Return to The Archive