Henry Augustus HARDING

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Henry Augustus HARDING

Postby chopendoz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:24 am

I am trying to trace Henry Augustus HARDING born about 1786 - I don't know where but suspect somewhere in the Midlands. He fathered a child in 1818 - Mary Eliza Green HARDING who married Frederick MASCALL in 1839 in Birmingham. HAH was listed as her father - a tin plate worker. A witness at the wedding was 'Eliza HARDING' who could have been Mary's mother (and HAH's wife). A Henry Augustus HARDING died in Birmingham in 1846. He could have been a soldier and may have been in the Americas for a while. Other than that I can find no trace of him anywhere. Can anyone help? :? javascript:emoticon(':?')
chopendoz

Re: Henry Augustus HARDING

Postby chopendoz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:23 am

Sadly, I have not discovered anything new. I am trying to establish a birth in New York, the names of both parents, when they arrived in the USA, any siblings, etc. Was HAH a soldier? Did he arrive in the USA as a tin plate worker or did that come later? Do you have any additional information?
chopendoz

Postby Alec » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:18 am

Hi Robert

Youve posted this a lot of places I see -make sure you keep all sites updated as you get information.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/us ... index.html Jon lives inFlorida and has an e-mail addy on Home page

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/us ... -0003.html has a Henry Augustus Harding born April 11, 1879 who may have been related IF your 'Henry Augustus Harding' left family in America! Long shot but worth an e-mail to Jon and find out his English Harding connections
------------------------------------------

From The Times http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 852701.ece
July 30, 2003
Latest wills

Henry Augustus Harding, of Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, left estate valued at £1,311,131 net.
He left his estate mostly to relatives. He also left proceeds from the sale of a house to St Giles Hospice, Lichfield
-May have been a descendant of your 'Henry Augustus Harding'
Alec

Forums need to be visited regularly and should be living things full of lively members not absent strangers!
Alec

Postby winston » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:58 pm

HI Robert

I have found no trace of HAH as you put it. I have found the possible daughter Mary who married Frederick Mascall in 1839 in the 1841 census and her fahter is not living near her.

St. Thomas Warwickshire (can't make out the street though)

Frederick Mascall 25 Tailor
Mary Mascall 23
Alfred Mascall 10 months old

All show as bieng bn in Cty

for the record they were mistranscribed as Mackall

Wendy
winston

Return to The Archive