Charting all family members

Archived content from closed or older discussion threads.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Charting all family members

Postby Hunter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:59 am

:P I have been trying to find/create a Family Tree Chart on which I can show every member of the family going way back. What I have found is that most pre printed charts only show spaces to enter Parents, Grandparents, Great Grandparents etc. There seems to be no chart available on which you can
extend to include all the children and their families if married. Do I have to create separate charts for this purpose. Online Family Charts do exist to do this but I want to be able to make. by hand, on a drawing board a complete chart preferably using one already printed so I can just fill in the names and details.
Does anyone know if such charts are available.
Martin :!:
Hunter

Re: Charting all family members

Postby Maths girl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Martin -- I am sure the more knowledgeable members will be on soon to offer answers to your question.

Maths girl
Maths girl

Postby snoopysue » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi Martin
Welcome to the forum :-)
I've seen a chart in a book that had it the other way around - an 18th centuary couple and all their descendents. It started with the couple in a circle in the middle, and every generation was a extra ring, divided into the number that was required. For each generation the ring got bigger, and the number of descendents increased, although the divisions aren't equal all the way round the circle, as one decendent may hav had more children than another. Some would have had no children at all - it may work the other way around.
It was on a very big piece of paper, with very small writing!!
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Postby SRD » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 am

Welcome to the forum. We like to keep this area for simple welcomes so I've copied your initial post to the General Discussion forum.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby grangers14 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Martin,
I hope you enjoy the forum and our company.
Jo :)
grangers14

Return to The Archive