Martha Manger date of birth and Manger baptisms

Requests for assistance with seemingly insurmountable problems!

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, BC Wench

Martha Manger date of birth and Manger baptisms

Postby Frodo » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:09 pm

I have just sent for Martha's Birth Certificate and noticed that on BCC her birth date is only approximate and down as 1864.
Her birth was 17th October 1862 at Lawrence Lane, Rowley Regis.
Martha was her only name, her parents were David Manger and Hannah Manger formerly Round.
David's occupation was Labourer at a Gas Tube Work.
The informant was Hannah - x The Mark of Hannah Manger Mother Lawrence Lane Rowley Regis.
Registration date was 14th November 1862, the Registrar was William Whitehouse.
Could this be altered/added to BCC?

Having sent this information to my cousin in America she asked if I could send her the baptism date but when I looked on my Ancestry Tree there was no information about a baptism.
Out of curiosity I looked at her siblings (both those born to Hannah and those born to Mary Ann) and there is no Baptism information for any of them.
I also tried Family Search with no success.
David Manger was a local preacher so it seems unlikely that the children would not have been baptized.

Can anyone find a baptism record for Martha?
Frodo

Re: Martha Manger date of birth and Manger baptisms

Postby grangers14 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:44 pm

I have added that info Frodo.
I haven't seen any baptisms...
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:29 am

Thanks, I have looked at BCC and the information looks fine. I have just tried again for baptisms with no luck. The Round family were also in Staffordshire and I have information for some ethen both from the register and the actual baptism although the baptisms seem to be in Worcestershire
Frodo

Postby kdwoodie » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:26 pm

The only baptism i can see is for Annie

Blackheath
St Paul
Parish Register
Register entry number 366
Baptism date 18 Nov 1884
Person forename Annie
Person sex F
Father forename David
Mother forename Mary
Father surname MANGER
Person abode Waterfall Lane
Father occupation tube socket maker

Added to BCC

I have also added information for David Manger 1881
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =646860067
kdwoodie

Postby grangers14 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:37 pm

Thanks kdw.

Shall we archive this thread Frodo?
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:19 pm

Could you tell me whether Lawrence Lane, Tory Street and Waterfall Lane are close enough to each other for David to have potentially used St Paul's for some of the other children? He lived in Lawrence Lane until some point after 1871, then Tory Street, then Halesowen Road, Tory Street. I cannot find Tory Street but I have seen it on official documents as Tory Street, Waterfall Lane, are they the same road or did Tory Street used to be off Waterfall Lane? My cousin's family history writing is quite detailed, it would be good to know whether the family moved to Waterfall Lane then back to Tory Street or just had the address of their abode changed.
For information I also sent for David Manger's Death certificate and think his date of birth is 1837 not 1838. He was 74 not 73 when he died and I am unable to find the Birth Certificate so think he might have been born before 1st July 1837. The Certificate says David died 3rd December 1911 age 74 years. He was a retired Tube Worker. The cause of death was Senectus,, Certified by A.D. McQueen M.B. The informant was Rachel Whitehouse, Daughter. Present at the death 29 Beaumont Road Blackheath. Registered 5th December 1911. 29 Beaumont Road was Rachel's residence.
Apart from my query about the location of the roads (I have never been to the area) and amending David's information I am happy for the topic to be archived.
Frodo

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:56 am

I will move this to Brickwalls to see if anyone can help with the Map locations info you require
Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:20 pm

Yes please. I have just looked on BCC - can David Manger's details be updated to show the correct age at death (74) and year of birth 1837 not 1838 as per the information from the death certificate I posted
Frodo

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:14 am

Tory Street was changed to Grange Road as shown on this map it is road off Waterfall Lane :?:

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by ... &right=osm
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:50 am

Frodo wrote:Yes please. I have just looked on BCC - can David Manger's details be updated to show the correct age at death (74) and year of birth 1837 not 1838 as per the information from the death certificate I posted

If you need something amending on Bcc maybe pm Grangers14 owner of Bcc and ask if she can help you she might not see post here.
Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:18 am

Thanks, I will look more closely and send a message when I am back home looking at a map on a phone doesn't really work. My dad left me a Geographia street map so I can look up the new name in that. Waterfall Lane is where some of the Billingham family ended up living so everyone definitely stayed close together.
Frodo

Postby grangers14 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:19 pm

It has been all been added. :)
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:47 pm

David Manger's information is now correct on Bcc and I have been able to use the link re Tory Street so unless there is any chance of finding more baptisms the query is complete. Thank you.
Frodo

Return to Brick Walls