Ann Taylor and Joseph Parry

Requests for assistance with seemingly insurmountable problems!

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, BC Wench

Ann Taylor and Joseph Parry

Postby Frodo » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 pm

I have been looking again at Ann Taylor nee Smith (1792 )who married Joseph Taylor in 1811 then married Joseph Parry (1877) after Joseph Taylor died.
I have found a record of a Joseph Parry being buried in Stoke Prior 31st August 1865 (FHS film no 367829) and Free BMD shows two Joseph Parrys on the Bromsgrove death register in 1865 and one in 1858.
I am unable to find death information for Ann but she must have been alive in 1865 as her son Nathan returned from America to see her then.
He does not mention her death or that of Joseph in his writing and does not talk about having to return to visit his mother when he goes back to America in 1870.
I have been unable to find the 1861 Census entries but am doubtful of the Census mentioned on Connection.
I know Ann was born in Worcestershire possibly Hanbury but I am not sure of her being a nurse.
She stayed at Stoke Prior after Joseph Taylor's death but was working on the land and it seems very late in life to become a nurse although Woodgate is the correct address.
The Census quotes her as a widow which again doesn't match the Stoke Prior Joseph Parry who died 1865.
Given there is definitely a Joseph Parry alive in 1865 is there any more Census information, Parish Records etc that would clarify the relationship or the dates of death of Joseph and Ann?
Frodo

Re: Ann Taylor and Joseph Parry

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 am

Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:27 am

That is the correct family.
In Joseph's Will he stipulates that if Ann remarries Nathan and Philemon become owners of the property in Stoke Prior and the four females each get a sum of money so Ann may have had to work as well as farm if she was disinherited because she remarried but would she have then travelled to Hanbury to work as a nurse having been a farm labourer.
Frodo

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:39 am

moving to brickwalls.
Northern Lass

Return to Brick Walls