ARC TBC Samuel Mould c. 1752 Shropshire

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Samuel Mould c. 1752 Shropshire

Postby Stan Mould » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:39 am

Hi. My first post!

I was given a copy of the Mould family tree work done by an elderly cousin in 1980 and have been fleshing it out and visiting places on and off since then.

I'm not always especially active but I really would like to get to the bottom of one wall - my 3 x greats grandfather, Samuel Mould.

I have been struggling to find his birth and so have quite a few other people. I have his marriage to Sinah JONES on 26 September 1787 at St Oswald's church in Oswestry and I have the various children's records, four born in Selattyn, near Oswestry, and twins born in Hanmer, just over the Welsh border in Flintshire.

I have his death in Ketley, Wellington, Shropshire on 15 June 1839 aged 88, so I am pretty sure he's the one.

What I can't find is his birth anywhere. It seems like he was a Shropshire lad, but there's no record of a birth. We used 1752 which came from somewhere and 1754 was incorrectly bandied about by a 2nd cousin, but we have found he was on the wrong track. Either way, dying at 88, both those years are feasible, but probably none before then.

I have looked in Flintshire (and Cheshire) because there were two brothers called Mould in Hanmer before then, and he was quite likely related if he went to live in Hanmer. I have also checked Staffordshire, and there IS a Samuel Mould of Ranton who married a Mary Poney of Seighford but he is definitely not the one because a distant relative who i also into genealogy sent me the evidence.

I'd love to the bottom of this after 40 years, so any help is much appreciated.
Stan Mould

Re: Samuel Mould c. 1752 Shropshire

Postby mallosa » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Sorry Stan, I've had a good look but can only come up with the baptism in 1754 at Ranton :roll:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Samuel Mould c. 1752 Shropshire

Postby BC Wench » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:03 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts