ARC TBC Annie Keen, formerly Brown, nee Johnston

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Annie Keen, formerly Brown, nee Johnston

Postby peggysue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 am

Annie Johnston was born Jun 17, 1870 in Coagh, Co. Tyrone, Ireland to Andrew Johnston and Nancy Wallace. I have that record.
The next time she appears is on 1911 Salford, Lancashire, England census reportedly married to Robert Bernard Keen, with children George Harry Brown, John Brown, and Robert Keen. She claims to have been married 6 yr. in this marriage with 2 children, one living, one deceased. Descendants do not think she was ever legally married to Robert.
At any rate, research finds the Birth of son George Harry Brown to Annie Johnston and George Harry Brown, Sr. on Mar 14, 1895 in Hulme, Manchester although I do not have his birth record. I do not have Annie’s marriage record. There is also the birth of Annie Johnston Brown Sept 29, 1891 in Hulme, Manchester. I do not have her actual birth record. There is the birth of Joseph abt 1899 and his death abt 1902. I do not have his actual birth or death.
George dies Nov 14, 1899 in Salford. Annie Brown is on the 1901 census as a widow with Annie age 9, George Harry age 6, and Joseph age 2. Then there Is the birth of a son John Edward Brown on Dec 5, 1902 in Salford. I don’t have his baptism. Next is Robert Brown born Sept 20, 1906 and his baptism Oct 18, 1906 in Stowell Memorial Church. The father is not named, only Annie, so son Robert may or may not belong to Robert Bernard Keen. There is a son Frank Keen born and died in 1910 for whom I do not have the actual records. Which brings us back to 1911.I am told that Annie died 1932 in Salford and that Robert died 1935. I cannot find their deaths. There is family story here but not much documentation. I would like to find the marriage record for Annie and George Harry a.k.a. Henry Brown about 1890 and to find Annie’s death but I do not know whether it would be under Keen or Brown or Johnston or even Johnson.
Thanks for any help.
peggysue
peggysue

Re: Annie Keen, formerly Brown, nee Johnston

Postby gardener » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:37 pm

So this is the 1911

Robert Bemard Keen 32 born Aylesbury, Bucks
Annie Keen 38
George Harry Brown 16
John Brown 9
Robert Keen 5

Next is Robert Brown born Sept 20, 1906 and his baptism Oct 18, 1906 in Stowell Memorial Church. The father is not named, only Annie, so son Robert may or may not belong to Robert Bernard Keen.

There is this marriage

Name: Robert Bernard Keen
Marriage Age: 26
Event Type: Marriage
Birth Year: abt 1880
Marriage Date: 8 Sep 1906
Marriage Place: Salford, Christchurch, Lancashire, England
Parish as it Appears: Christ Church
Father: Frank Keen
Spouse: Ellen Ward

And Frank Keen seems to be in Salford in 1911

Frank Keen 73 Warwickshire, Birmingham
Elizabeth Keen 68 Dumfries, Sanquhar (married 23 years, no children)
John Harry Lamb 84
Richard Ravenscroft 40

but in Aston in 1891

Frank Keen 53 Warwicks, Birmingham
Elizabeth Keen 46 Scotland, Dumfries
Robert Keen 11 Bucks, Alsbury
Daniel McWilliams 51
Harry Lewis 21
Harry Dangerfield 25

I think Robert may be in Bucks in 1901, Frank is in Skipton and Elizabeth is Hulme.

Pretty sure that these are all the same people, so that would mean that Robert married someone else in 1906. Is that what you think?
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Re: Annie Keen, formerly Brown, nee Johnston

Postby BC Wench » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:36 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts