ARC TBC dunn family/liverpool

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC dunn family/liverpool

Postby howto » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:24 am

Hi all hope someone can help me find ROBERT DUNN SN He met Ann Murphy birth 1847 in Liverpool they had a child ROBERT DUNN 1864 29/5/ on birth cert father Robert dunn damaged cotton dealer mother ann dunn formally murphy 10 barrymouth street county Lancaster district saint martin registerd on 5/7/1864 Cant find marriage for Robert and ann don't know where Robert 1864 was from birth till 1881 listed as stepson to peter carroll 1882 Robert 1864 marries Catherine kennedy list Roberts father as Robert dunn mariner fireman Ann murphy marries peter carroll in 1867 listed as spinster. ann father garrett. Robert and cathrine call one of his sons garrett
How do I find Robert dunn sn when I don't know anything about him please help feel as a I am leaving a job half done THANKYIOU for takeing time to read this post Howto
howto

Re: dunn family/liverpool

Postby grangers14 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I can't see him? I wonder if he has been missed off?
I presume you have his Baptism?

Baptism.
28th June 1864. St Alban, Roman Catholic Church, Liverpool
Robertus Dunn, born 29th May 1864
Father Roberti, Mother Anna Dunn (Murphy)
God Father Joanni (?) Murphy God Mother Maria Anna Murphy

I wonder if it is something to do with a Catholic marriage
grangers14

Postby howto » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:57 pm

HI grangers thankyou for reading post that is correct baptisim don't think they married was it possible to have Robert father on record if he wasn't there? 1881 robert1864 is on census as stepson to peter carroll wife ann married 1867 I have been looking for him for 2 years when ann murphy registerd him she says she is the wife or could she have just said that so he would not be illagitamet hope you have more luck thankyou howto
howto

Postby grangers14 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:54 pm

I wonder if the St Alban Church records would help you? I'm not sure if you are near by to check ?
I have family who were not married and children registered with mothers maiden name on birth cert but recorded but as Fathers surname.
They did not need proof as we do now.

There was another baptism at that church I had seen, I forget now? Another Dunn to mother Murphy I think? Anna Maria? Not sure now... I couldn't find that marriage either?
I will try and look tomorrow.
grangers14

Postby howto » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:17 am

HI GRANSTER I remember seeing a marriage for NICHOLAS DUNN and ANN MURPHY in 1859 Liverpool but could not find their children or if its connected to ROBERT DUNN 1864 could be that NICHOLS have had a middle name Robert or maybe the brother to ROBERT DAD I live in Scotland now THANKYOU for helping me it would mean a great deal if we could find the rest of the family there was another marriage Robert dunn to ann huges they had a son Robert 1863 but he died 1864 did a lot of research on that one but not the one I am looking for thankyou
howto

Postby BC Wench » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts