ARC TBC Lamphier family tree.

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Lamphier family tree.

Postby kingcat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:27 am

I`m trying to find details about my paternal grandmother, Margeret Lamphier. She was living in Middlsex when she gave birth to my father in 1920. I can`t find any mariage or death certificate. The father`s name on my dad`s birth certificate was Jones.
kingcat

Re: Lamphier family tree.

Postby gardener » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi

Is it this 1911 family?
3 Southfield Road, Hanwell, Middlesex
William Lamphier 40
Annie Lamphier 33
John Lamphier 13
Margaret Lamphier 12
William Lamphier 1

I can find these parents in 1939 with son William and his wife, but no sign of Margaret.
A Miss M Lamphier aged 22 (dressmaker) sailed for Cape Town 12 Oct 1922. Her address seems to be Battersea. Impossible to tell if that is her or not.

Annie seems to have lived until 1962 and her funeral is mentions Saturday 03 March 1962 in the Middlesex County Times (British Newspaper Archives). I don't have full access to that but can see it names son and d in law and three grand daughters (William's kids I think).

There is a report of one of the girl's weddings in the newspaper collection on findmypast, and also a call for any relatives John's after he died (I think). If you get access to findmypast then you might be able to fill in some blanks but it doesn't help to find anything about Margaret.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Re: Lamphier family tree.

Postby BC Wench » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts