ARC TBC Who are the parents for Benjamin SELBY

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Who are the parents for Benjamin SELBY

Postby Gammatech » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

I am looking to get one of my lines further back. When I get to Benjamin, my 3x Great Grandfather born 1799 in Hoddeston, Hertfordshire, Family Search, and even the IGI say no records found. It looks like he died on 11th July 1865. I have his Marriage, 24th July 1819 and his wife's name Sarah DYE. She was also born in 1799 this time in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. It looks as if all the likely children were baptized in Cheshunt as well, so presumably they lived there or close by. He's is of an age that there is a chance of finding any parent living with him in a census but so far no luck. I don't have access to any of the paid sites so I don't know if they might have records that the free ones don't.

Thanks in advance,

Martin
Gammatech

Re: Who are the parents for Benjamin SELBY

Postby SRD » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 am

Ancestry and FMP are available at local libraries.
The Ancestry census records don't seem to help much as they only show Benjamin, Sarah and children but FMP carries Hertfordshire Parish Records so anyone who has access to that might be able to help.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Re: Who are the parents for Benjamin SELBY

Postby BC Wench » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts