ARC TBC Barnsley Hingley ID

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Barnsley Hingley ID

Postby kiwibrummie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Abraham Barnsley married Ann Hingley (recorded as Ingley) in 1819. All references to her birth state the year as 1803. The only record available shows an Ann Ingley born to Thomas & Hannah (Perry) 'about 1800. NB. All siblings recorded as Hingley. I recently discovered in an 'on line' Public Member tree, a facimile of the baptismal record of Joseph Barnsley (my GTX4 grandfather) b. 14/11/1824 bapt. 26/12/1824. Herewith an extract: Joseph the son of Abraham Barnsley of (etc.) & Ann his wife who was the daughter of 'Samuel & Sarah Hingley'. A Samuel married to Sarah (Willetts) was the brother of Thomas and they had numerous children but non recorded in 1803. Is this Ann their daughter? The Barnsleys were Non Conformist but not certain re. Hingleys. Appreciate any help in confirming Ann's ID.
kiwibrummie

Re: Barnsley Hingley ID

Postby rockyfowler » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 am

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 am

We could do with knowing where this bapt for Joseph came from

I am wondering if it is from the Cradley non conformist register they wrote stuff like the mothers name in etc

anyone have the transcripts pls and could look it up?
Northern Lass

Postby kiwibrummie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Baptisms for Abraham & Ann's children were conducted at the Round Oak Primitive Methodist chapel.I don't know of the Hingley's religious persuasion
kiwibrummie

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 am

kiwibrummie wrote:Baptisms for Abraham & Ann's children were conducted at the Round Oak Primitive Methodist chapel.I don't know of the Hingley's religious persuasion

not all are round oak.
cos mary and Abraham the 2 kids first born are baptised St Peter Cradley .

looks like she is Ingley but no mention of Anns parents in baptisms we have on Bcc..and we dont have Josephs.
Bapt at Round Oak Methodis looked up by RF
Sarah Ann,female, of Abraham and Ann (formerly HINGLEY) BARNSLEY of New Town,Gas Tube Manufacturer ,was born on 24 Jan 1834 in Rowley Regis ,and baptised on 17 Nov 1834 by William Paddison
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:38 am

Joseph may be the first page lost at Round Oak? it shows a baptism on second page but no names :wink:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks RF

moving to brickwalls.
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts