ARC TBC Abraham Holmes 1670

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Abraham Holmes 1670

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:25 pm

On my mother's side of the family, I research " Holmes. " This side of the family is of Irish decent.

I am going back as far as I can with this post, so please bare with me.

Ninian Holmes est. 1610 of, Ballyaghran Parish? Had 2 sons, possibly more, but the 2 I have were John ( no other information ).
And William b. est 1640, Londonderry, Ireland. I have 3 sons for William but, if this is correct, I am not totally sure because of
dates, I am entering. 1st son I have is William, a merchant in Coleraine, with a son Saml? 2nd son is Abraham b. est 1670 of,
Ballygelagh, Ballyaghran Parish, and Ballyreagh, Ballywillin Parish. 3rd son is Nathaniel b. est 1690, married to a Janet Hunter.
Nathaniel and Janet married in Coleraine, Londonderry, I believe. They had 6 sons and 2 daughters together. At some point
in time Nathaniel and Janet along with, which is unclear to me, as to how many of these children immigrate, to New Hampshire,
U.S. Where as I believe this line-of-lineage, continues today.

Abraham 1670, I have 4 sons for him. 1st son Abraham b. est 1700, married to a Janet Hopkins. 2nd son Ninian b. est 1715.
Abraham 1700 and Ninian 1715, are both of Ballywillin, Parish. 3rd son is Samuel of Coleraine, who also has a son Saml. 4th and last
son is Paul, who has a son Abram.

Ninian 1715 has a son Abram b. est 1740, who immigrates to New York, N.Y. and marries a Sarah O'Neal, of Albany, Albany, New York.
They eventually immigrate to Ontario, Canada, along with their children. And this is the start of the Holmes family line-of-lineage, here
in Ontario, Canada, my ancestors.

Although it would be nice to have all the wholes filled in this post from the start. It is Abraham 1670, I am interested in. BMD records.

Happy Hunting - Jeff :grin:
Scratch And Patch

Re: Abraham Holmes 1670

Postby BC Wench » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:27 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts