Charles Rablin Checksfield

Requests for assistance with seemingly insurmountable problems!

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, BC Wench

Charles Rablin Checksfield

Postby magicadey » Tue May 31, 2022 9:22 pm

Hi
My 2x great Grandfather is Charles Rablin Checksfield born 1904 in Isle of Sheppey, Kent

His mother was Naomi Ruth Yates, and his father was Horace CHecksfield.
I am confused as on the 1911 and 1921 census he is listed as Stepson. The birth certificate and baptism record lists no father. If he was illegitimate you would think he wouldn't be listed as stepson still in 1921?

I did see though there was a man living in the same area who died in 1905 with the surname Rablin so was wondering could he be the father?
I guess rablin is a strange surname?

I have done a DNA test but that hasn't really helped. On ancestry thrulines for instance I have a only 2 people coming linking me to Horace/Naomi, so the DNA could come from the Naomi yates side. Nothing linking to older checksfields.

Is there anything I can do to really find out more? Scratching my head over this. Unfortunaly my grandfather passed away in November so cant get any family insight!

Thanks
Adrian
magicadey

Re: Charles Rablin Checksfield

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:37 am

Hi Charles was born 1904 before marriage of Naomi and Horace 1909 so was def illegitimate (before marriage ) on the other Rablin 1905 death cert Naomi may be wit or may have address ? :idea:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:16 am

YATES, CHARLES ROBLIN. no mothers maiden name.
GRO Reference: 1905 M Quarter in SHEPPEY Volume 02A Page 105

1911. Lower Paradise, Leysdown, Kent.
Horace Checksfield 34. engine driver.
Naomi Checksfield 26.
Horace Checksfield 1.
Charles Yates 6. Stepson. ( relationship to head of household ).
Alfred Wiffen 27.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby magicadey » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:22 am

rockyfowler wrote:Hi Charles was born 1904 before marriage of Naomi and Horace 1909 so was def illegitimate (before marriage ) on the other Rablin 1905 death cert Naomi may be wit or may have address ? :idea:

Yeha it's a long gap between birth and marriage. Maybe I should buy a death certificate?. THough have worked out the other Rablins family tree so know his parents etc..
magicadey

Return to Brick Walls