ARC TBC Henry Frederick Nagle -hit a brick wall finding

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Henry Frederick Nagle -hit a brick wall finding

Postby neilnagle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Hello

I am trying to trace my ancestor Henry Frederick Nagle's burial, i have hit a real brick wall! I've been searching on and off for a burial record for over 5 years and lockdown has brought him back into focus!

He died on 18th March 1946 at St Francis Hospital, Dulwich, London, the cause of death was recorded as "taking his own life whilst the balance of his mind was disturbed", he had attempted to commit suicide the day before and dies as a result of the wounds inflicted.

So far i have managed to find lots of basic information about him, the inquest papers and statements, he had a wife but they were living apart, he also had a daughter who gave witness evidence, but from the date of death the trail goes cold, despite visiting all of the nearby cemetaries, looking online i can find no burial record.

Does anybody have any ideas or tips or what i can try next, the Coroners Court after the enquiry would have presumably released the body for burial, would there be a record of this? If not i assume he would have had a paupers funeral, would there be a record of this? As he died by taking his own life would he have been buried in consecrated ground, and if not was there a record of burials in un-consecrated grounds?

Any tips or help would be invaluable here.

Cheers

Neil
neilnagle

Re: Henry Frederick Nagle -hit a brick wall finding burial s

Postby SRD » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 am

There's always the possibility he was cremated.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby neilnagle » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 am

SRD wrote:There's always the possibility he was cremated.

Thanks for your response, yes i have thought of this but as i haven't been able to even find a record of any kind of burial be it cremation or grave i'm none the wiser as to whether he was or wasn't!

Neil
neilnagle

Postby BC Wench » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:01 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts