Cooking a Ham pls

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, BC Wench

Cooking a Ham pls

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am

Could someone post a lovely recipe to cooking a ham that you can then put on the table and slice cold
I want to put it on the Buffet table and have it cold

what type and what do i do with it pls
Northern Lass

Re: Cooking a Ham pls

Postby grangers14 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:25 pm

What about what Mallosa did thats sounds nice. Im going to do that too. Honey and mustard ham.
Jo :)
grangers14

Postby Annie » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Could someone post a lovely recipe to cooking a ham that you can then put on the table and slice cold

Like Grangers I bought one of those like Mally did and it was really nice and easy to cook , just put in oven and take out when done even I did not make a mess of it. :oops:

Annie
Annie

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 pm

will have a look forgot about that one

any with honey on? or other ones that folk have done?
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Annie wrote:
Northern Lass wrote:Could someone post a lovely recipe to cooking a ham that you can then put on the table and slice cold

Like Grangers I bought one of those like Mally did and it was really nice and easy to cook , just put in oven and take out when done even I did not make a mess of it. :oops:

Annie

Glad you enjoyed it Annie :grin:

Just to reiterate......

We had a bit of a get together last weekend for our daughters birthday....besides cooking a massive Chilli to go with Jacket Potatoes and loads of other bits & bobs,
I'd bought a 6 and a half pound ham joint from Sainsburys (still going for half price at the mo)

Covered loosely with foil and baked in the oven as instructed (easy peasy) for approx 3hrs
Removed foil and outer skin & fat, coated with natural honey, then wholegrain mustard.
Popped back in the oven (uncovered) for another 30-35 minutes - delicious!

Just placed on a plate in the middle of the table so everyone could cut and help themselves, along with crusty bread, salad etc
When I next looked, it had all gone! :roll: Next time I'll make sure I serve the Chilli etc. first
:lol:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to Main Meals