school songs

Moderators: Northern Lass, admin

school songs

Postby cakemorebloke » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 am

can any one remember some of the songs the girls used to sing one had the line
mummy daddy take me home from this horrible childrens home here comes dr pallister sliding down the bannister


and one when we was on the causeway green maypole summat to do with scottish blue bells
cakemorebloke
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: school songs

Postby Antie Em » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 am

cakemorebloke wrote:can any one remember some of the songs the girls used to sing one had the line
mummy daddy take me home from this horrible childrens home here comes dr pallister sliding down the bannister


and one when we was on the causeway green maypole summat to do with scottish blue bells


"In and out the scottish bluebells
In and out the scottish bluebells
In and out the scottish bluebells
I'll be the leader"

I think it was to do with the maypole. Don't remember the first one though



Now tell me - how did I remember that when sometimes I can't remember what happened yesterday :?
There's no place like home ......
User avatar
Antie Em
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am

Re: school songs

Postby linell » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 am

I can only remember 'Ring a Ring a Roses' which hailed from the days of the Plague, oh and 'Oranges and Lemons' and 'Cleminitine' all coming back to me now. :P

Linell.
User avatar
linell
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 am
Location: Stafford

Re: school songs

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

We sang

In and out the dusty bluebells
In and out the dusty bluebells
In and out the dusty bluebells
who will be the leader

tippy tippy tap toe on your shoulder
tippy tippy tap toe on your shoulder
tippy tippy tap toe on your shoulder
you will be our leader :P
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 42406
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: school songs

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:20 am

wot about that sock and ball against a wall whilst singing

Do you wanna cigarette sir
no sir
why sir
cos I got a cold sir
where d'ya get the cold sir
from the north pole sir
what you doin there sir
catchin polar bear sir
how many did ya catch sir
one sir
two sir
three sir

and so on till the sock fell apart :lol:
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 42406
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: school songs

Postby Antie Em » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 am

Northern Lass wrote:We sang

In and out the dusty bluebells
In and out the dusty bluebells
In and out the dusty bluebells
who will be the leader

tippy tippy tap toe on your shoulder
tippy tippy tap toe on your shoulder
tippy tippy tap toe on your shoulder
you will be our leader :P


Yeah - that's it I forgot the second verse
There's no place like home ......
User avatar
Antie Em
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am

Re: school songs

Postby Antie Em » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 am

Northern Lass wrote:wot about that sock and ball against a wall whilst singing

Do you wanna cigarette sir
no sir
why sir
cos I got a cold sir
where d'ya get the cold sir
from the north pole sir
what you doin there sir
catchin polar bear sir
how many did ya catch sir
one sir
two sir
three sir

and so on till the sock fell apart :lol:


I used one of my mom's stockings - the ball went further
There's no place like home ......
User avatar
Antie Em
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am

Re: school songs

Postby snoopysue » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 pm

linell wrote:I can only remember 'Ring a Ring a Roses' which hailed from the days of the Plague, oh and 'Oranges and Lemons' and 'Cleminitine' all coming back to me now. :P

Linell.


You're not the only one Linell! :wink:
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
User avatar
snoopysue
 
Posts: 3927
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 6:12 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: school songs

Postby BC Wench » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Never heard of the NLs ciggy rhyme.

Farmer's in his Den.

Children all stand in a big circle, holding hands

The farmer wants a wife
The farmer wants a wife
Eee I addio the farmer wants a wife
(Farmer chooses a wife)

The wife wants a child
The wife wants a child
Eee I addio the wife wants a child
(Wife chooses a child)

The child wants a dog
The child wants a dog
Eee I addio the child wants a dog
(Child chooses a dog)

The dog wants a bone
The dog wants a bone
Eee I addio the dog wants a bone
(Dog chooses a bone)

We all tap the bone
We all tap the bone
Eee I addio we all tap the bone

The bone ends up in the middle with everybody hitting, smacking etc. etc. the bone
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
User avatar
BC Wench
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: school songs

Postby Antie Em » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Do you remember putting a ball into a stocking and then tying the open end to your ankle. You then made the ball go around in a circle and jumped over it with the other foot. Don't think we sang with that one, we were too busy falling over.

And a skipping song -

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, show your shoe
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, that will do!

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, go upstairs
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say your prayers
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn out the lights
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say good-night!
There's no place like home ......
User avatar
Antie Em
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am

Re: school songs

Postby Antie Em » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 pm

BC Wench wrote:Never heard of the NLs ciggy rhyme.

Farmer's in his Den.

Children all stand in a big circle, holding hands

The farmer wants a wife
The farmer wants a wife
Eee I addio the farmer wants a wife
(Farmer chooses a wife)

The wife wants a child
The wife wants a child
Eee I addio the wife wants a child
(Wife chooses a child)

The child wants a dog
The child wants a dog
Eee I addio the child wants a dog
(Child chooses a dog)

The dog wants a bone
The dog wants a bone
Eee I addio the dog wants a bone
(Dog chooses a bone)

We all tap the bone
We all tap the bone
Eee I addio we all tap the bone

The bone ends up in the middle with everybody hitting, smacking etc. etc. the bone


God help the last kid if we didn't like them very much :lol:
There's no place like home ......
User avatar
Antie Em
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am

Re: school songs

Postby BC Wench » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Yes I remember the ball and sock around the ankle. Our daughter had a toy in the 1980s, same principle, but made of plastic!! The cuts she had on her ankles. I'd forgotten the Teddy Bear rhyme.

Another skipping song
Mr Weaver the chimney sweeper
Had a wife and could not keep her
Had another, did not love her,
This is the way the world went over
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
User avatar
BC Wench
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: school songs

Postby Antie Em » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 pm

BC Wench wrote:Yes I remember the ball and sock around the ankle. Our daughter had a toy in the 1980s, same principle, but made of plastic!! The cuts she had on her ankles. I'd forgotten the Teddy Bear rhyme.

Another skipping song
Mr Weaver the chimney sweeper
Had a wife and could not keep her
Had another, did not love her,
This is the way the world went over


Wonder where the origin of that you came from :lol:
There's no place like home ......
User avatar
Antie Em
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am


Return to Black Country Schools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron