Made in Oldbury

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Made in Oldbury

Postby BC Wench » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 am

I've been reading in the Black Country Bugle about a new history project exploring the region's rich industrial heritage. The project is organised by artist group Laundry, working with Sandwell Community and History Archive Service, and Oldbury and Langley Local History Societies.

I believe there are a number of us on the forum who worked in the Oldbury area at one time or another, so I was thinking, if you wished, we could get involved in the project and that our memories of the workplace aren't lost for ever.

This is the link to Made In Oldbury https://www.madeinoldbury.co.uk/ which explains the project in more detail.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: Made in Oldbury

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 am

Thats a good idea Barb. Where'd you work ijn Oldbury. I worked at Atack Electical Engineers,Accles and Pollock,Bordons, Jack Noote Building Contractor and a few jobs in the Halesowen area.You could finish on a friday and start the next monday in a new job in those days. :wink:
Rob

Postby BC Wench » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:44 am

The first time I worked in Oldbury was part of the Education Department in Flash Road. I also worked at Synthetic Chemicals which was part of Midland-Yorkshire Tar Distillers before M-YTD closed (just loved that job) and again later part of the Education Department in Popes Lane. Ken worked at MetSec for quite a few years before moving on.

As you say Rob, those were the days when you finished work on a Friday and started a new job the following Monday
BC Wench

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Was you at Midland Tar when they had that fire. 1962.You could see the flames from the Cakemore Estate and i lived next to Brandhall Golf Course. 1962? No Barb you'd have still been at school.Tividale Comp?
Rob

Postby BC Wench » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:41 pm

When I first saw your question :o :o :o Too right I would have been at school in 1962. Dudley born and bred wench me, went to Wren's Nest Primary then Park Girls' Secondary Modern.
BC Wench

Return to Black Country Industries