New layout

Got an idea for another forum? Or any other suggestions you'd like us to hear? Please feel free to post them here.

Moderator: admin

New layout

Postby SRD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 am

I appreciate that there are good reasons for the new layout, and that the driving members of this forum are the Staffies (long may they burrow through the records) but I'm not convinced by the integration of the Black Country topics into the General forum. Personally I thought it worked far better as a separate forum. The new layout does give the impression that BC is the dominate feature of the forum and may put off others, with other interests, from becoming regulars here.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Re: New layout

Postby snoopysue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:24 am

I would imagine that there has been seen a need to move things around, and apart from an initial learning curve I don't dislike the new layout. As with everything of this nature, some will love it, some will hate it. I'm also sure that if there is a need to change things in the future than that will also be done!
I don't agree that the BC section dominates in the new layout, but rather a more integrated part of the whole! I can only thank the admin and the mods for all the hard work they put in to make this forum function in an easy to understand way!
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Postby peterd » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 pm

SRD the idea was to intergrate bc genealogy in to the genral forums so it didnt stand out with its own section
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby SRD » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:04 am

As I said, I do understand the reasons for doing it, it's just that I preferred the other way, generally I find the new layout less easy to navigate. I understand that such a thriving separate forum could make the more general forum look quiet, and that by integrating BC into the general area it makes the forum look overall more busy but, for me, the change simply means a few extra clicks and serried rows of used/unused sub-forum to go through rather than consecutive ones that allow complete sub-forum to be glossed over more easily. I agree it's a personal thing, and I don't hate it (you don't get rid of me that easily :grin: ) but I find it sufficiently distracting to have made the initial post.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Jimmy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:13 am

I hav'nt noticed any change to the lay out yet.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby Carol » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:16 am

Looks better to me (being one of the Staffie lot I suppose)
Carol

http://www.southernlurcherrescue.org.uk/

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSSkhCu/]
[/url]
Carol

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:41 am

SRD wrote:As I said, I do understand the reasons for doing it, it's just that I preferred the other way, generally I find the new layout less easy to navigate. I understand that such a thriving separate forum could make the more general forum look quiet, and that by integrating BC into the general area it makes the forum look overall more busy but, for me, the change simply means a few extra clicks and serried rows of used/unused sub-forum to go through rather than consecutive ones that allow complete sub-forum to be glossed over more easily. I agree it's a personal thing, and I don't hate it (you don't get rid of me that easily :grin: ) but I find it sufficiently distracting to have made the initial post.

If you want to go to a particular section you don't have to go through a sub section.

If for eg you want to look at the BC archived you go to the main board
then in the General section the last section is General Archived, and next to it is a sub forum Black Country archived
just click on the sub forum...no problem straight to it and much more logical to have the archived sections together.

The other Sections again are there in a particular section for you to click on
no sub forums to go through.

So BC Discussion is under the General Discussion just click on it.

BC History is under the General History just click on it

BC look ups under the Look ups just click on it

no sub forums to navigate.
One click and you are in!
Northern Lass

Return to Site Feedback and Suggestions