Tipton Remembers WW1 web site

This section is our HOTLINE to Military info out there that may be helpful to us researchers. If you have some info that is new or interesting, or know of something happening in the Military area eg New Military Books, Military Memorabilia fairs, Military Stories or New Military search sites, then head straight for the Bunker and let us all know!
Keep Calm and Carry on down to the Bunker your forum needs you!

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Tipton Remembers WW1 web site

Postby ARJ31 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:07 am

This post has also been added to the Black Country Genealogy Discussion board in case it has a different audience.

Hello
My name is Andy Johnson, I have been researching the men of Tipton killed in the Great War for about 15 years and have recently loaded this research to my new website: http://www.tiptonremembers.net. There is still much work outstanding, especially adding photographs.

I’ve been told that members of this forum have ‘found’ my website and are using it to add to their genealogy researches.

This is a use I had not anticipated, but I am delighted that you have found it of some use. I just wanted to say that you have my permission to use the data in this way, not that you need that permission on the ‘wild-west’ internet! It is nice that it is being of use.

This project is my contribution to the centenary of the Great War and although many people have contributed information, generally about their relatives, it is basically ‘all my own work’. Any errors are down to me and I would be delighted to correct any you may find.

The site is my copyright work and therefore, as you will understand, wholesale ‘lifting’ of my work is not approved, however feel free to make use of the data for the individual casualties. A reference back to my site is always nice. I have no other websites or social media sites.

Happy browsing!
Andy
PS I am not a genealogist and won’t be a regular here, but the ‘Contact Us’ on my site does work if I can help.
ARJ31

Re: Tipton Remembers WW1 web site

Postby apowell » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:06 am

Hello Andy,

Many thanks for all your hard work in ensuring those who gave their lifes are honoured and remembered.

I've received help previously on ancestors who'd fought from the Tipton area and your advice and effort was outstanding.

Again another big thank you Andy you're a Gent.

Regards
Adrian :grin:
apowell

Postby mjay » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 am

Hi Andy
As Adrian has said thank you for all your hard work relating to those from tipton in Great War.

I have a special interest as I'm from Tipton and so have lots of ancestors from Tipton who fought in the Great War.

Your website and my own research are proving very addictive .

Have you seen Tipton in the Great War page on facebook

Thanks again
Mjay
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby Antie Em » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Well done Andy, absolutely brilliant !!!!

Maggie :clap:
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby mallosa » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Nice one Andy, as you are aware this site has many like minded people as yourself who care about those that fought for us in the wars.

It's for certain we wont forget them :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to The Bunker