Tipton names remembered

This section is our HOTLINE to Military info out there that may be helpful to us researchers. If you have some info that is new or interesting, or know of something happening in the Military area eg New Military Books, Military Memorabilia fairs, Military Stories or New Military search sites, then head straight for the Bunker and let us all know!
Keep Calm and Carry on down to the Bunker your forum needs you!

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Tipton names remembered

Postby mjay » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:38 am

Came across this http://www.tiptonremembers.net
I have received all the names on a spreadsheet from a guy on Tipton remembers page on Facebook. He gave me permission to use info & findings from his spreadsheet. I will try & contact the owner of the above web page too when I get a mo.
Was going to go through & see what info i could find on each individual however it has now been researched (I know it will need checking)
I will go through & see who we have on BCC , when I can & when i can get to a PC
Thanks x
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Re: Tipton names remembered

Postby mallosa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 am

What a brilliant site mjay!

I have found the first one on that list -see my following post ....

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18549&p=187876#p187876
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mjay » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Its great isn't it x
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby Antie Em » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:09 am

I have just looked through this site and added the details of my uncle William Charles Riley. Have added the link, but I think I've done it wrong - can someone check please. William was born in 1898.

I can remember speaking to someone a while ago and giving him the information on William, for research he was doing into the men who died in the Great War - I'm sure it's the same person, because he has used my wording exactly about the birth of William and Gertrude's daughter, born after he died. I'll search through my e mails and see if I can find out who he was.

Maggie :-)
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby Antie Em » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:14 am

MJ - can you post me the facebook link please - I can't seem to find it

Thanks xxx
Antie Em

Postby feral-underclass » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:50 am

Antie Em wrote:I have just looked through this site and added the details of my uncle William Charles Riley. Have added the link, but I think I've done it wrong - can someone check please. William was born in 1898.

I can remember speaking to someone a while ago and giving him the information on William, for research he was doing into the men who died in the Great War - I'm sure it's the same person, because he has used my wording exactly about the birth of William and Gertrude's daughter, born after he died. I'll search through my e mails and see if I can find out who he was.

Maggie :-)

could it be andy johnson? he is the only person i know researching tipton men
feral-underclass

Postby Antie Em » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 am

Yes - that's him, I remember now.

Thank you :-)
Antie Em

Postby mjay » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 am

Antie Em wrote:MJ - can you post me the facebook link please - I can't seem to find it

Thanks xxx

Maggie I found the Tipton remembers link on
Tipton in the great war page on Facebook
A guy called Dave had set up this page and completed a spreadsheet of which he kindly sent me.
mjay

Postby Antie Em » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks mate xxx
Antie Em

Return to The Bunker