Thiepval Memorial

This section is our HOTLINE to Military info out there that may be helpful to us researchers. If you have some info that is new or interesting, or know of something happening in the Military area eg New Military Books, Military Memorabilia fairs, Military Stories or New Military search sites, then head straight for the Bunker and let us all know!
Keep Calm and Carry on down to the Bunker your forum needs you!

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Thiepval Memorial

Postby Antie Em » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 am

I'm off to France for the Weekend to visit Thiepval Memorial. If anyone would like a photo of their relative who died in WW1 and is commemorated at Thiepval, I will be happy to do this if we have time. Can you please let me know the reference number. Can't promise, but I will do my best.

Maggie
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Re: Thiepval Memorial

Postby mjay » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 am

Hi Maggie
Wish I could come with you, we have been trying to go for few years now. Are you going on your own or with an organised trip.
Thanks for the offer, if you have time could lookup a great,great,great uncle Sidney Crowley please
http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casua ... ,%20SIDNEY

Can't wait to see your photos of this memorial.

Mandy x
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Re: Thiepval Memorial

Postby Antie Em » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 am

mjay wrote:Hi Maggie
Wish I could come with you, we have been trying to go for few years now. Are you going on your own or with an organised trip.
Thanks for the offer, if you have time could lookup a great,great,great uncle Sidney Crowley please
http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casua ... ,%20SIDNEY

Can't wait to see your photos of this memorial.

Mandy x

Just going with my cousin. We are the same age, but a generation apart. So his uncle is my Great uncle. We are staying overnight in France and returning on Sunday.
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Return to The Bunker