Ancestry problem

Discussion of Genealogy search sites, software, etc.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Ancestry problem

Postby mallosa » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Looks like Ancestry is experiencing some issues at the mo :(
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Ancestry problem

Postby mallosa » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:34 pm

...working now :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby MarkCDodd » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:04 am

They scrambled my tree and are arguing they may not be able to fix it. I am telling them that the thousands of hours of work on their site will need to be reimbursed if they don't.
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Postby snoopysue » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm having trouble adding a new person - I've found a record that may link to existing family, but when I try to add as a new person, nothing happens.
I thought maybe I could do it manually, seem this doesn't but to be a possibility - any ideas?
I can't add as sibling, brother etc as I don't know for certain if there is a link. I think he may be a nephew to a family member, but I don't have the next generation back to be able to link up.
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Postby Maths girl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:25 pm

snoopysue wrote:I'm having trouble adding a new person - I've found a record that may link to existing family, but when I try to add as a new person, nothing happens.
I thought maybe I could do it manually, seem this doesn't but to be a possibility - any ideas?
I can't add as sibling, brother etc as I don't know for certain if there is a link. I think he may be a nephew to a family member, but I don't have the next generation back to be able to link up.

I open up the father/mother and call them NK and then you can add a sibling --same would work with possible brother or sister. -- could use "possible" as name to remind you of the lack of certainty.

Maths Girl
Maths girl

Postby snoopysue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:47 am

Problem is I don't have the parents - the only things that makes me think they are related is their surname, profession and where they live - it's really a bit weak, so I'd prefer not to have them joined up until I can prove it!
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Postby Maths girl » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Why not start a new tree? -- then you can merge them -- when you are more sure! -- at least I think you can merge them but not sure how. -- that requires more IT expertise than I have.

try Mark? PeterD?
Maths girl

Return to Software