A good Ged file viewer?

Discussion of Genealogy search sites, software, etc.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

A good Ged file viewer?

Postby genealogy12 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I wonder if anyone can recommend a good Ged file viewer? To be more specific, I have my Ged file containing lots of people and I want to display them graphically in a nice (pleasing for the eye) tree sort of way. The catch is that I want ALL the people to be displayed, even siblings and their children. I have tried a few applications, but the output has been relatively mediocre, all but one resembling poor computer presentations from the mid 1990s. The only one that wasn't butt ugly instead had the generations jumbled up sort of, with people born in the 1950s displayed above (before) those born in the 17th and 18th century.

Any ideas?
genealogy12

Re: A good Ged file viewer?

Postby wademanuk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:22 pm

I was after something similar that would plot my entire tree in basic simple just black and white with just birth, marriage and death details. I had a tree that I had off my dad when he passed away and that was printed across several A4 sheets that were stuck together but was simply just as I described above and easy to use. However this tree was back from like 1997ish so been looking for the software or something similar but to no success :(
wademanuk

Return to Software