DAVIES

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

DAVIES

Postby fraggle » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:48 pm

Hi I am searching for information on my great-uncle William (Willie) Davies, born 1893 in Enniskillen.
Son of Edwin Davies ( b: 14/10/1867, Shropshire) and Annie Foster Hands (b: 1869, Oldbury, Worcs).
They married in Southport (25/12/1890 ) and had 9 children, in Scotland, Fermanagh and Cavan, 3 of whom died young.
He was a gasworks manager.

Willie Davies served in the RAF in Antrim, Northern Ireland but I do not know what his role was. I am told he moved to England possibly in mid 1900s? and was last known to have worked at Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire. This is now a National Trust property and there are no past employee records. Is there a local history group I could check with?

He had a son called Rowland/Roland who would be around my father's age (b: 1936) but again information is scarce and I don't know where they lived or who William's wife was or if Rowland married. My father would like to know about them both if possible.

Any help would be appreciated or details of sites I could research. Many thanks. R.
fraggle

Re: DAVIES

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:44 am

moved to gen disc.
Northern Lass

Return to General Discussion