Ancestry select marriages?

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Ancestry select marriages?

Postby Steve Tucker » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:28 pm

I have returned to tracing my family history after many years off and have re-subscribed to Ancestry, however I am a little baffled by England, Select Marriages, 1538-1973 Source info. There is no image associated with it but there is a FHL film number and reference, what am I supposed to do with this?

On another note I have to say I am disappointed in the 1921 Census being only available on Findmypast, was that a commercial decision made by The National Archives to exclude anyone who doesn't subscribe to the above? Surely this should be available to all?
Attachments
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg (59.1 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
Last edited by Steve Tucker on Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Tucker

Re: Ancestry select marrigaes?

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:14 am

moved to gen discussion.
Northern Lass

Re: Ancestry select marriages?

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:46 am

The image is protected- LDS put a short transcription on so you need to check it at your LDS Centre or local Archives to see the image, at least it helps to find the record ,and the 1921 was Transcribed to make it searchable by FMP it costs money, but it is free to view at https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20s ... ple%20zone. kind regards RF
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Ancestry select marriages?

Postby gardener » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:45 pm

There is a great free site for Lancashire records. It is transcriptions but often more complete.

It gives the witnesses as Luke Wayell and Lawrance Brandwood.

https://www.lan-opc.org.uk/
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Return to General Discussion