Richard Hill - Baptized 1 Jan 1811 At Hubberholme Chapel

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Richard Hill - Baptized 1 Jan 1811 At Hubberholme Chapel

Postby Beatles78 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi all,

A poster on Ancestry.com stated that there is an Agnes Nelson, who married Thomas Hill on 30 Apr 1808 • Dent, Yorkshire, England. They had 3 kids:

Baptised at Hubberholme chapel (Arncliffe) as sons of Thomas Hill:

21 May 1809 Leonard son of Thomas Hill of Cray, Farmer
1 Jan 1811 Richard son of Thomas Hill of Cray
13 Dec 1812 Thomas son of Thomas Hill of Deepdale

There is a burial in Dent, 2 Mar 1815 for an Agnes Hill. Is it possible to find a gravestone and an age at death for her?

In 1841 there is a Thomas Hill aged 60 (rounded) Cattle Dealer at Buckden, Parish of Arncliffe
On 20 Dec 1846 there is a burial at Hubberholme for Thomas Hill of Buckden, aged 69

I'm trying to gather information on the above Richard Hill's whereabouts after baptism. Did he stay in England? Are there documents showing this? Did emigrate somewhere? I can't find these answers on these questions. I was able to build a tree for his brother Thomas, but nothing for Richard or Leonard.

Help would be much appreciated! Trying to discount possible ancestors.

Here is another piece of interesting info. This map shows my Chapman ancestors farm (Birchentree) - and the above Richard Hill's farm he 'occupied' - Basil Busk - about 3/4 mile from each other. 1846 Tithe records for Dent show Basil Busk in the hamlet of Kerthwaite, Dent, with the Landowners listed as Rev John Sidgwick and John Hodgson. The 'Occupier' however, was RICHARD HILL. Not sure if anyone here knows what an "occupier" was. https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=1 ... yers=6&b=1

Thanks!
Stephanie
Beatles78

Return to General Discussion