Birth Cert question, answer greatly appreciated

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Birth Cert question, answer greatly appreciated

Postby AInsch » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:08 am

Hi everyone…first post!

I have been researching and have come across 2 birth registers same first name. One register is Mother’s married name, other is Mother’s maiden name. I know sometimes they can be changed due to family changes etc but they both have different middle names registered which is curious to me. The years and specific location check out, could this be a coincidence or is there an explanation. I’m not overly familiar with these protocols and birth registers so don’t know if this is actually common place. It would seem likely enough to have a different surname, however different middle name also is a bit strange. Any help appreciated
AInsch

Re: Birth Cert question, answer greatly appreciated

Postby gardener » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:21 pm

Hi

Where did you see the two entries? If you can find the entries in FreeBMD then it might be worth looking at the images for the index - if you haven't already. Sometimes an amendment is added at the bottom of the page and connected by an asterisk, or sometimes you find a "see also" note directing you to the other entry.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Return to General Discussion