Richardson family

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Richardson family

Postby Frodo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:22 pm

My cousin in America has asked if more information can be added to the Richardson family on Connections. If so I have information about the four generations previous to Archibald Gordon (22nd July 1878).
Frodo

Re: Richardson family

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:04 am

Hi there aren't many people able to add to the tree.
If it is loads of info it won't get added if it is just a name with dob and place of birth
and marriage dob and place then maybe it could be if anyone is available to add.

Please put down where info is from ie Ancestry, free reg or actual certifs so we can verify info.

I can't promise but we could take a look.

Also if they are out of the Black country area then we don't add them unless they link to a black country person
by say birth or marriage ....and then we tend not to go back years and years in that area.

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks I will check what information both myself and my cousin have and then send a reply. The family I am looking at are the ancestors of Constance Joy Richardson. Archibald Gordon Richardson (1878) was born in Dumfrieshire and emigrated to America along with some other family members so although they are American nearly all the family members that my cousin would like adding are Scottish.
Frodo

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Frodo wrote:Thanks I will check what information both myself and my cousin have and then send a reply. The family I am looking at are the ancestors of Constance Joy Richardson. Archibald Gordon Richardson (1878) was born in Dumfrieshire and emigrated to America along with some other family members so although they are American nearly all the family members that my cousin would like adding are Scottish.

Probably won't be adding lots of scottish ones Frodo.

will move this to gen. discussion too as out of area if Scotland.
Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:07 pm

That's fine, I will let my cousin know. I do have almost complete information for Archie's parents David and Mary, I am just checking with my cousin. In their case although David was born in Scotland, Mary was born in Cheadle Staffordshire so is that close enough to be considered?
Frodo

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:32 am

Frodo wrote:That's fine, I will let my cousin know. I do have almost complete information for Archie's parents David and Mary, I am just checking with my cousin. In their case although David was born in Scotland, Mary was born in Cheadle Staffordshire so is that close enough to be considered?

No sorry Cheadle is out of the area too it is not part of the Black Country.
Northern Lass

Return to General Discussion